Not able to get iOS Preview

Hi

I am on Mac El Capitan running Fuse 0.11(Build 6172) and Xcode 7.3 - Can get local preview working but for iOS preview I get the following -

File name : Desktop/Hope Project/build/iOS/Preview/src/UIResponder+FirstResponder.mm

#import <UIKit/UIKit.h>
#import "UIResponder+FirstResponder.h"

static __weak id currentFirstResponder;

@implementation UIResponder (FirstResponder)

+(id)currentFirstResponder {
    currentFirstResponder = nil;
    [[UIApplication sharedApplication] sendAction:@selector(findFirstResponder:) to:nil from:nil forEvent:nil];
    return currentFirstResponder;
}

-(void)findFirstResponder:(id)sender {
    currentFirstResponder = self;
}

@end

Thanks,

Pixel Punch :slight_smile:

Hi!

This is a known issue due to an automatic update of Xcode that broke backwards compatibility. We are working on a solution.

Hi Anders,

Thanks for the quick response. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Fuse is a great product and looking forward to it getting out of Beta.

And your support rocks too :slight_smile:

Pixel Punch

Switzerland

A new build of 0.11 that (hopefully) fixes the Xcode 7.3 issues is now available on the QA channel. Any feedback on whether it works/fixes the issue is greatly appreciated! https://www.fusetools.com/downloads/channel/qa

This build will be promoted to the official beta once we get some feedback on the issue being resolved. Thanks a lot for reporting!

Hi Anders,

Sorry, still doesn’t work. Here is the report -

#import <UIKit/UIKit.h>
#import "UIResponder+FirstResponder.h"

static id currentFirstResponder;    Cannot create_weak reference in file using manual reference counting
@implementation UIResponder (FirstResponder) 

+(id)currentFirstResponder {
    [[UIApplication sharedApplication] sendAction:@selector(findFirstResponder:) to:nil from:nil forEvent:nil];
    id result = currentFirstResponder;
    currentFirstResponder = nil;
    return result;
}

-(void)findFirstResponder:(id)sender {
    currentFirstResponder = self;
}

@end

Did you clean the project after installing the new version?

SUCCESS : The build works now after I cleaned the project. It shows up on the iOS device simulator.

Please point me to instructions on how do I test it on a real iPhone 4S. This guide wasn’t of much help - https://www.fusetools.com/learn/fuse#keyword-fuse-troubleshooting-guide

Thanks

Great that it worked out. :slight_smile:

This is the point to start for device previewing.