Not able to preview on an Iphone

So I just bought a macbook and trying out fuse on it, when I try to preview on my iPhone it gives me this error

“An App ID with Identifier ‘Fuse.Preview’ is not available. Please enter a different string.” any ideas on the resolving of it? It says I have an expired ID?

“No provisioning profiles found: No non–expired provisioning profiles were found.”

Have you set up Xcode as per the Getting Started guide? https://www.fusetools.com/docs/basics/preview-and-export

It looks as if there’s no provisioning profiles on your device, something Xcode requires before you can start deploying apps via Fuse to it.

Yes I have my account logged in for xCode and I choose it, but i don’t understand why I am getting “An App ID with Identifier ‘Fuse.Preview’ is not available. Please enter a different string.” I am on my selected “Team” for my apple id

Do i need to enroll in the apple developer program to do this??

Sorry I’m just really confused and not use to OS x yet

I’m fairly certain you don’t need a certificate to test locally on a device as of xcode 7, but you (or your team) will need to be able to sign the app to deploy it to the store etc.

Can you provide a little more info about the error? Any other text displayed, etc?

Hey Jake thanks for respodning, big fan of your material. So when i go to fuse and i preview the app on the iOS local. My OS opens X Code and then it sstarts indexing and processing files with a notfication appearing saying no provionis profiles were found.

The exact begining error is this:

No non–expired provisioning profiles were found.

Xcode can attempt to fix this issue. This will reset your code signing and provisioning settings to recommended values and resolve issues with signing identities and provisioning profiles.

SO then I click Fix issue; and there are three choices: join program, cancel, and Add, so I add and I logg in with my iCloud ID and it shows my name with (Personal team) next to it w/ a Free Role.

Then I click choose and then this appears:

An App ID with Identifier ‘Fuse.Preview’ is not available. Please enter a different string.

And then the build has failed

It says in General seeting under Identity

that the Budle Identifier is: Fuse.Preview the Version is 0.0.0 and the build is 0.0.0 and then the Team is me

If i could potentially team view with someone that would be fantastic, because I would really like to be able to preview on my phone to test out any apps I create, I bought a macbook specifically to do this feature ;\

When using the free provisioning profile (available as of Xcode 7) I believe you’ll have to explicitly set the bundle identifier in your .unoproj to what xcode has generated. There’s more info about this here

On the other hand, if you have an apple dev certificate then this isn’t necessary.

Remi Pedersen wrote:

When using the free provisioning profile (available as of Xcode 7) I believe you’ll have to explicitly set the bundle identifier in your .unoproj to what xcode has generated. There’s more info about this here

On the other hand, if you have an apple dev certificate then this isn’t necessary.

Thanks for getting back to me, so i just need to place this iOS.BundleIdentifier ? under include? I’m sorry I’m still in the learning process

The iOS.BundleIdentifier is something you set in your .unoproj file. You can read more about it here

When you use the free provisioning profile you should set it to the identifier you’ve chosen in Xcode. (As far as I know you’re allowed to chose one specific identifier to use for the free provisioning. Hopefully the 2 other links from the old post can provide some more detail.)