Is Fuse suitable?

Hi fuse team,

I’m a developer on a print lab. I’ve developed apps (desktop/web) in Flex where users selects a product > upload photos > and create “collages” and then we print them. My question is, is fuse the right tool to develop a mobile app where users can crop photos, move them around a “canvas”, or easier/basic, user select ex: 5 photos and then we place them on a sort of a “locked template”? How would that be about performance? Is fuse more suitable for UI animations? or when this kind of interactions take place, the performance is slower? (I believe a lot of JS would interact here, also in the end I would have to export all positions/crops/sizes for post processing on our servers).

As I’m used to Flex/AIR since 2007, the easier path for me is a Starling/Feathers app, also I can take advantage of not converting AMF to REST, and is also gpu accelerated… but would have a air runtime behind… So I really would like to give a try to Fuse if possible.

I hope to get your honest opinion,
Kind regards

Well… looks like Fuse its for a simpler project, maybe I’ll try it later.

Hope you guys keep the good work! and keep adding more and more samples!

How would that be about performance? Is fuse more suitable for UI animations? or when this kind of interactions take place, the performance is slower? (I believe a lot of JS would interact here, also in the end I would have to export all positions/crops/sizes for post processing on our servers).

Regarding UI performance in Fuse, I’d direct you to this post in which I explain a few important things:

Hi Bent,

Thank you for your reply. as a flex developer I love “fuse way”, mainly because it’s almost the same regarding binding/actions on views. for example, lets say I have a view where the images are position locked or position relative to view and then only the url for that image is handled by js, in that case I believe fuse will shine, but that also means I have to hard code and compile each “template” and not load a xml or soap info to render in runtime and hand-code the binding. So at this moment that would be a very tedious process for me, and I’ll have to give it a try on some other project that needs less interaction.

Anyway kind regards, and best luck on this beautiful framework, I recognize your hardwork