Love Fuse but...

yes, Im app dev, after nativescript and react native, I found fuse and very impressed about the OpenGL concept and the rapid app building on both android and ios, and I really love Fuse.
But for my productive app, fuse is not enough due to lacking alot of things, ex simple thing: get device uuid, device manufacture, device model…and 99% data is working via databinding: Observable. Javascript cannot touch UI by ux:name
thank fuse again.

Hey there! Sorry to hear you feel Fuse is lacking features you need. One of the many ways Fuse differs from frameworks such as NativeScript and React Native is that we specifically don’t intend to map every single native function through a FuseJS function. There are many reasons for that, but the primary one is that going through JavaScript is simply not the best way to use native features – we’ve actually written a few posts about that which I recommend to people whenever I get the chance. :slight_smile:

The same thing with JS touching the UI. If you find yourself in a situation where you need or want to use JS to make UI changes, chances are you’re not adhering to the best practices for Fuse (which is to use UX triggers for UI changes and leave JS to deal with the business logic of your app). If you give a description of what you want to achieve and the context for it, the Fuse community is pretty good at helping people out with ways to solve it “the Fuse way”. :slight_smile:

As for your need for getting device UUID, device model etc., did you see this community package that gives you those things? Might be worth checking out.

1 Like

wow, my bad, thank you
but when im trying to install fuse-device and already in the project’s folder by command
fusepm install https://github.com/MaxGraey/fuse-device
, i got

AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\fusepm\lib\fusepm.js:53
throw new Error('Found ’ + foundfiles.length + ’ unoproj files. Wanted ’ + count);
^

Error: Found 0 unoproj files. Wanted 1

if you can help, it will be the important point to me to live with Fuse
thank you

That package is created by the community, so contacting the author via Github issues is probably the fastest way :slight_smile: (it also looks like it might be something related to fusepm which is also a community effort (https://github.com/bolav/fusepm).

You can just copy device.uno to your project, without using fusepm. Actually I test fusepm many manth ago and it may not work any more in right moment

Thanks for the tip! :slight_smile:

HAHA, thank you all, now i’m on the boat of Fuse, after one day, I can make Fuse Module, both JAVA and Object C for my purposes

WOW I really love the Fuse’s concept
cross platform UX design by OpenGL rendering and simple javascript, smooth animation, effects…

thank you again for the great FUSE SPIRIT

file

I agree that device info should be available easily without a special package as I’m guessing most everyone needs it and why force people to search the forums for such things?

Oh, it’s a good thing that we have a list of community packages on our site then :slight_smile: