Multiple issues

So, this thread will have multiple issues so I will put numbers to each one.

1. Bad fps on lg. I know that this surely is not your fault, but just in case it is, why is it happenning? I got an lg g4c that came out this year and all of the animations in any fuse app that I try (uno builded them to apk and release) have choppy animations. Then I drop the apk to a 4 year old low range Samsung phone and everything is ultra smooth.

2. What is up with those permissions? So many of them that my application doesn’t use. Is there a way to disable them?

3. Size too big. The apk was 5mb. But when I installed it to my phone it went to 20. Why? I only got two files about 100 lines, a font and the logo icons? And about the js libraries I am using observable, storage and lifespan.

4. Setting textedit closes keyboard. I got a button that when clicked it sets the value of the textedit to “”. Why does the keyboard have to close?

5. Link keyboard’s enter button to a function. Why not? That would be a fantastic idea! And if implemented withing fuse keyboards that change the button for new line to an arrow indicating that it will continue to the next one if pressed will be able to change.

It mostly ended as suggestions for fuss but I hope I was at least helpful!!! If some of these are already implemented could anyone please show me where to find info about them or even show me an example? Thanks!!

Hi!

1. Bad fps on lg. I know that this surely is not your fault, but just in case it is, why is it happenning? I got an lg g4c that came out this year and all of the animations in any fuse app that I try (uno builded them to apk and release) have choppy animations. Then I drop the apk to a 4 year old low range Samsung phone and everything is ultra smooth.

That sounds strange. We test on a lot of LG phones and things run smoothly. Can you let us know exactly which LG model it is?

1. What is up with those permissions? So many of them that my application doesn’t use. Is there a way to disable them?

It is on our todo-list to clean this up and make it more granular for the user, but so far, it hasn’t been prioiritized.

1. Size too big. The apk was 5mb. But when I installed it to my phone it went to 20. Why? I only got two files about 100 lines, a font and the logo icons? And about the js libraries I am using observable, storage and lifespan.

This is mostly because of the V8 javascript engine being bundled. You have the option to build with duktape instead which is smaller but also slower. In the future we will probably provide JSC as a third option.

1. Setting textedit closes keyboard. I got a button that when clicked it sets the value of the textedit to “”. Why does the keyboard have to close?

Make your button non-focusable. <Button IsFocusable="false" />

1. Link keyboard’s enter button to a function. Why not? That would be a fantastic idea! And if implemented withing fuse keyboards that change the button for new line to an arrow indicating that it will continue to the next one if pressed will be able to change.

I haven’t tested this, but try <OnKeyPress Key="Enter" Handler="{func}" />

The model is lg g4c. It was 250 and now 150, at least in my county. Also thanks for the quick and informative answer!!

Ehm, I think I got something to report. 1) IsFocusable doesn’t work in panels with hittestmode

<OnKeyPress Key="Enter" Handler="{func}" />

on local works perfectly. In android though, although the keyboard shows that it will trigger a function, it doesn’t actually ever trigger it.