Local Database

Hi guys, Is there a way to connect to Realm/SQLite database using fues tool? I am newbie and I could not find anything in the documentation that talks about storage other than storing a simple text file

Appreciate your usual help and support

Regards

check this out:

https://github.com/bolav/fuse-sqlite

Thanks dude!

I tried to find a documentation on how to use this but no luck. It would be hihgly appreciated if someone can explain to me how to use this library

Best regards

What are your troubles? What have you tried, what errors do you get?

Hi Bjorn-Olav

I’m a newbie, development of mobile applications

I’m at the stage of local storage I want to compile the example but it shows me the following error.

You’d know, what thing I need?

Thank you

…\Users\SERGIO\Documents\Fuse\fuse-sqlite-master\SQLite.uno(5.7): E3114: There is nothing named ‘Bolav’ accessible in this scope. Are you missing a package reference? C:\Users\SERGIO\Documents\Fuse\fuse-sqlite-master\SQLite.uno(5,8,5,13): Error E3114: There is nothing named ‘Bolav’ accessible in this scope. Are you missing a package reference? …\Users\SERGIO\Documents\Fuse\fuse-sqlite-master\SQLiteDb.uno(6.7): E3114: There is nothing named ‘Bolav’ accessible in this scope. Are you missing a package reference? C:\Users\SERGIO\Documents\Fuse\fuse-sqlite-master\SQLiteDb.uno(6,8,6,13): Error E3114: There is nothing named ‘Bolav’ accessible in this scope. Are you missing a package reference? …\Users\SERGIO\Documents\Fuse\fuse-sqlite-master\SQLiteImpl.iOS.uno(10.7): E3114: There is nothing named ‘Bolav’ accessible in this scope. Are you missing a package reference? C:\Users\SERGIO\Documents\Fuse\fuse-sqlite-master\SQLiteImpl.iOS.uno(10,8,10,13): Error E3114: There is nothing named ‘Bolav’ accessible in this scope. Are you missing a package reference? …\Users\SERGIO\Documents\Fuse\fuse-sqlite-master\SQLiteImpl.Android.uno(5.7): E3114: There is nothing named ‘Bolav’ accessible in this scope. Are you missing a package reference? C:\Users\SERGIO\Documents\Fuse\fuse-sqlite-master\SQLiteImpl.Android.uno(5,8,5,13): Error E3114: There is nothing named ‘Bolav’ accessible in this scope. Are you missing a package reference? …\Users\SERGIO\Documents\Fuse\fuse-sqlite-master\SQLiteImpl.Uno.uno(1.7): E3114: There is nothing named ‘Bolav’ accessible in this scope. Are you missing a package reference? C:\Users\SERGIO\Documents\Fuse\fuse-sqlite-master\SQLiteImpl.Uno.uno(1,8,1,13): Error E3114: There is nothing named ‘Bolav’ accessible in this scope. Are you missing a package reference? …\Users\SERGIO\Documents\Fuse\fuse-sqlite-master\SQLiteStatement.uno(6.7): E3114: There is nothing named ‘Bolav’ accessible in this scope. Are you missing a package reference? C:\Users\SERGIO\Documents\Fuse\fuse-sqlite-master\SQLiteStatement.uno(6,8,6,13): Error E3114: There is nothing named ‘Bolav’ accessible in this scope. Are you missing a package reference?

Same error :frowning: anybody can make tutoria from start to finish how to set up it ?

dszymczak84@gmail.com wrote:

Same error :frowning: anybody can make tutoria from start to finish how to set up it ?

Up for the tutorial, this would indeed be very helpful. I’m actually having troubles setting it up as well and needs some things for clarification.

(thumbs up!) Please write a tutorial.

Another thumbs up for this. I haven’t been able to get the bolav solution to work either and am getting lots of errors and the build never seems to end. Guidance on local app database setup using Fusetools would be much appreciated!

Absolutely. New to Fuse Tools (coming over from Ionic) and would love love for this to work for a project i have in front of me. I’ve been evaluating / considering Fuse over the past two weeks and this one area has me troubled. The UX guides are stellar (good job), and wonderful wonderful on performance and user experience. Bravo.

Yet a gap exists with DB integration guidance - be it local or even cloud (firebase - and how can i even leverage FireStore which is a next gen beauty). What I see is fragmented, outdated examples definitely not a plug and play experience. I’ve spent a few hours searching and piecing together others experience on these boards and still not sure how to implement.

From the React / Ionic world, you’ll get a ton of “run-off” users (HTML apps cannot deliver the native experience, the lightbulb moment will get you many of these folks), We are Spoiled (with a capital S). We are catered to - they eased us nicely in the hows with good examples on integrating. We need it spoonfed (like your UX guides! Good direction). Many of us are self taught up and comers.

A DB integration section, showing various means (Firebase, Sql, etc, with many examples), would go a long way and close a huge gap. I do understand that Fuse is a UX slanted experience, BUT, don’t let that turn away valuable users - keep in mind that the app MUST be practical as well and this is a huge part of it.

Completely agree with Jon D’s post and would add that database services should be part of the Fuse Tools core features and not an add-on. Data persistence is such a basic part of mobile apps that I was surprised that it wasn’t available. Again, I don’t mean to be overly critical I really like what I’ve seen with the tutorials and the incredible ease of coding, but unless I can get database services I won’t be able to switch to Fuse Tools.
I’m going to try this option which I got from a separate post (https://www.fusetools.com/community/forums/general/sqljs) and see if it is easier to integrate than the others I’ve tried.

@ant any updates after trying sqljs? I got stuck with with, couldn’t run any query…

mits,
No. I tried the sqljs and it didn’t work for me either. In my humble opinion, none of these are solutions to the database issue. Unfortunately, for now I’m putting Fuse aside until they have database services built into the core of the product and they are supported by the core Fuse team. I’m a big fan of community supplied solutions, however, database services are one of those basic services that are central to any app development environment.

Well, it is possible to run js queries, so as long as there is internet connection this is a valid workaround. I’m working on this offline app, so in my case it wouldn’t work. And I’d very much like to have a db, not a json file (which would be otherwise very easy to do, but not applicable for our volume of data).

Please try alasql.js it’s even better than sql.js.
Check my app https://github.com/egaleme/instacalc

Your app is missing the unoproj file. And I’ve already seen it as you mentioned it in another thread.

that isn’t a problem. Go ahead and create an unoproj file with alasql.js as a bundle. The app is already installed in my phone.

Aleme Gabriel wrote:

that isn’t a problem. Go ahead and create an unoproj file with alasql.js as a bundle. The app is already installed in my phone.

Or I could wait until you commit the file and open it in the Fuse app on my computer. It’d be nice if your master branch wouldn’t require people to do extra stuff. The fact that the app is installed on your phone does make your code easier to run by somebody else.

i deliberately put the unoproj file in my gitignore file because i don’t want my store password exposed. Like I said create your unoproj file with the downloaded alasql.js as a bundle.

I wish your app was a pleasant surprise, but it’s on par with the state of your repo. If for any reason anybody else is interested…

{
  "RootNamespace":"",
  "Packages": [
    "Fuse",
    "FuseJS"
  ],
  "Includes": [
    "*",
    "Modules/*.js:Bundle",
    "*.js:Bundle",
    "Assets/*:Bundle",
    "Libs/alasql.js:Bundle"
  ],
  "Projects": [
    "fuse_modules/bolav/fuse-foreignhelpers/foreignhelpers_include.unoproj",
    "fuse_modules/bolav/fuse-homescreen/homescreen_include.unoproj"
  ],
  "Excludes": [
    "fuse_modules/"
  ],
  "FusePM": {
    "Dependencies": [
      "https://github.com/bolav/fuse-foreignhelpers",
      "https://github.com/bolav/fuse-homescreen"
    ]
  }
}

Make sure to git clone the two repositories under the empty fuse_modules folders.