Loading images with the Url Attribute crashes the app on android

remnnis scion wrote:

For me pretty much any PNG and JPG regardless of URL (I tried various ones with the same result), almost as if the problem is not any single specific image but with rendering (that is any image tried).

Much like with in your case Anders.

Did you see erik’s post? Fuse

Yep I did… Adding the --force argument doesn’t help :'l

remnnis scion wrote:

Yep I did… Adding the --force argument doesn’t help :'l

That post wasn’t really about trying to add --force to fix the problem, but to make sure the -DCPPSTACKTRACE-argument were respected, to make the debug-output requested here work.

So, please try to add the -DCPPSTACKTRACE-argument as well, and post the console output. That way we have a chance at knowing what’s going on here.

I’m also facing this issue. I’m only a beginner so could well be doing something wrong but in my trial and errors I managed to make work on the local build but not when I build to Android unfortunately.

The page which crashes on me makes use of 3 fields from an API datasource in a repeating fashion (within each tag).

When I include the title it works fine, but if I then try to display either the image or the short description the app crashes. So not just images causing this problem for me but text does it also.

whalanz: Sorry to hear you’re having issues. Can you provide a stack trace like instructed in the post above yours so we can get some details on what could be going wrong:

That post wasn’t really about trying to add --force to fix the problem, but to make sure the -DCPPSTACKTRACE-argument were respected, to make the debug-output requested here work.

So, please try to add the -DCPPSTACKTRACE-argument as well, and post the console output. That way we have a chance at knowing what’s going on here.

If you also experience issues with text, please provide a separate stack trace for that case as well, and, if you can: a minimal reproduction case (Fuse project) that consistently produces this issue (you can send it to us using this Dropbox link: Dropbox)

Thanks Brett. I have uploaded the first log (to the dropbox) which is with description showing (no images). There are 3 initial pages… the start page… navigates to a category page… then to a subcategory page and the final page which displays the items is where the error occurs, so end of the file is where all the good stuff will be.

The following example results in the error… This is also with image commented out… description only.

<App>
    <JavaScript>
        var Observable = require("FuseJS/Observable");

var data = Observable('');

function Article(data) {
            this.data = data;
            };

fetch("http://edenlocal.com.au/api3.json")
            .then(function(response) { return response.json(); })
            .then(function(responseObject) {
            var items = [];
            for (var i in responseObject.results) {
                items.push(new Article(responseObject.results[i]));
            }
            data.replaceAll(items);
            });

module.exports = {
            dataSource: data
        };
    </JavaScript>

<!--ITEMS CLASS-->
    <Panel ux:Class="listing_items">
	<DirectNavigation />
        <StackPanel ItemSpacing="10" Margin="5" Background="#FFFFFF" Padding="10">
            <DockPanel>
                <!--<WhileString Value="{data.imageurl}" Test="IsNotEmpty">
                        <Image Url="{data.imageurl}" MaxWidth="80" Margin="10,0,0,0" Alignment="TopRight" />
                </WhileString>-->
	            <Text Value="{data.title}" TextWrapping="Wrap" FontSize="14" />
	            <Text Value="{data.description}" TextWrapping="Wrap" FontSize="11" />
            </DockPanel>
        </StackPanel>
    </Panel>
<!--END ITEMS CLASS-->

<ClientPanel>
        <Panel Dock="Top" Height="46" Padding="10">
            <Text Value="TEST" Color="#444444" FontSize="22" Alignment="Left" />
        </Panel>
        <ScrollView>
            <StackPanel ItemSpacing="1">
                <Each Items="{dataSource}">
                    <listing_items />
                </Each>
            </StackPanel>
        </ScrollView>
    </ClientPanel>
</App>

Log now uploaded for app with image display (no description). Though it seems to be the same or very similar error relating to EGL.

The following is the exact device I am using http://www.pendo.com.au/pendopad-7-quad-core-pndpp44q7gpblk/

Thanks for your help.

Hi, I am just wondering if anybody has had a chance to look at this. I am currently learning Fuse to migrate an existing app from another system which has poor Android performance so I am hoping there will be a solution to this to make my efforts worthwhile. Any insight would be awesome. Thanks.

Jason.

Hi, we are looking into it but haven’t come up with anything yet. Seems like this is the same / similar as in this thread

We’ll let you know as soon as we know more.

Thanks. The errors on that link seem to be a little different but maybe related? Hoping you guys can find a fix.