Live Preview on Desktop (Windows 10)

Hi

I’m not able to get live preview working on desktop on Windows 10. I’m able to do the preview, but it’s not updating as I change the code. I’ve been following the guides on the website, but it doesn’t really work out-of-the-box. Any tips?

I’m sure you tried this already, but are you saving the code when changing them? Fuse updates by file-watching the code files and updating if any have been overwritten.

Hi

I was able to get it to update once (just creating a basic rectangle with black background), and it did update when saving. But whenever I change the color, or remove the rectangle/add something else, it doesn’t update on save. I’ll do some more testing this weekend, and see if I can come up with more information.

Glad it worked once at least haha. It might be that your code contains errors; we’re still ironing out the kinks with reporting errors that occur when trying to reload. Let me know what you find; if it’s a bug we’d love to hear about it :slight_smile:

I am facing same problem

Is this coming Live?

I am just changing the text string and it is not updating in the preview

Please check screen snapshot for more details http://i.imgur.com/mzU7aa0.png

BTW, what is channel# for the slack to communicate with team members?

After re-creating locally, I think I’ve identified the problem. When using an App tag with the Theme attribute set, everything works normally, but without the Theme attribute, the contents of the App tag won’t update through reload cycles. So this works:

<App Theme="Basic" Background="#ccc">
  <Text>asdfasdf</Text>
</App>

But this won’t:

<App Background="#ccc">
  <Text>asdfasdf</Text>
</App>

Interestingly enough, changing the Background attribute in either case still works as expected, which I think matches the symptoms of what you guys were each describing.

I’ve filed the issue internally and I’ll follow up and let you guys know when this is fixed :slight_smile:

I think there’s something else also affecting me:

This works when I do preview:

Test

If I change background color, it updates when I save, but only if I press CTRL+S like 3-4 times in a row. (It says “Saved” on the task bar without the color changing; if I continue pressing Save, it will suddenly update) :slight_smile:

Test

I think my problem is something else. Testing this morning, I found out this:

If I change background color, it updates when I save, but only if I press CTRL+S like 3-4 times in a row. (It says “Saved” on the task bar without the color changing; if I continue pressing Save, it will suddenly update) :slight_smile:

Edit: I’v tested if I save once, and wait. Waited for 20 minutes, bg did not change. Pressed save 3 times, bg changed.

I was having the same issue, but never attempted the multiple saves. After doing so, mine also updated. Then it occured to me it may be a syncing issue if the files are located on a cloud service, as mine were on DropBox.

After testing on the local hard drive, worked like a charm! Hopefully will for you as well.

Not only local drive; it needs to be on the same partition. I got my test project saved on D:\ drive, while Fuse is installed on C:. (Same disk, just seperate partitions)

After I created a project on C:\, live preview updates directly when saving (pressing save once).

Thanks for those clues! We’ll investigate how to get this to work better.

Lars Erik, Srinivasu Kota and Tallwhitey, could you please install the latest version 0.8.3 and see if that solves the problem? The reload-code is more robust in that version.

After installing new build, works for me on Dropbox now with first save. I don’t have partitioned drive to test others. Though try not to fix these problems so quickly, otherwise we’ll be expecting that for every issue! Thanks

Haha, thanks! We’ll remember to be slower in the future. :wink:

Works on partitioned drive. Sweet!

Great! Thanks for reporting back, that is really helpful.