Fuse will not expand when opening

Ok. So I’m trying to work on an App Project now that I have some free time, and keep running into issues with Fuse Studio not opening, but being minimized onto the taskbar and whenever I click on it, it doesn’t respond. I’m following some Video Tutorials on WebView & NativeViewHost for creating an App from an existing Website (I’m creating a Store App since the Website doesn’t have one). I’m using Windows 10 and the device is a BlackBerry PRIV. This is the 1st time I’ve been experiencing this issue with Fuse, and it would occur 1nce I have everything set up and working for me (plugin app on my Phone is now able to open with a blank screen at the moment). I’m also trying to see what the App looks like on my device, but when I save it (CTRL + S), nothing appears on my Phone. Here is the Code I have so far based on this Video Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3tvLh-2eeY

<App>
    <DockPanel>
        <StatusBarBackground Dock="Top" />
        <BottomBarBackground Dock="Bottom" />

<NativeViewHost>
            <WebView Url="www.juliaplus.com.br" />
        </NativeViewHost>
    </DockPanel>
</App>

Since nothing is appearing or occurring (I’m using ATOM as a Text Editor), I’ve ceased with experimenting with the different ways I could add something to the Phone App. Could someone help me as to why this keeps happening–Fuse not maximizing, or nothing appearing on my Phone if I’m saving it right? I’m not sure if I’m sending it to my Phone correctly.

Thank You in advance.

Ok, for some reason only part of the Code appeared. Not sure why.

Ok, there’s a lot going on, so let’s try to figure this out step by step.

When you first install and launch Fuse, the Fuse Dashboard should pop up. In there, you can create new or open existing projects. Does the dashboard open for you?

In the beginning, it did. Then, for some reason, when I had it minimized at one point, it wouldn’t open. I know I haven’t opened it or ATOM in a week or 2, and ATOM had a difficult time working, but eventually did for me. I made numerous attempts to open Fuse, but to no avail. I’m not sure what the problem is, this is the 1st time it’s ever happened to me, so of course I’m confused.

Oh, and I added more script to that code while watching the Video tutorial and experimenting with it, but my Phone still displayed a white screen. But we can discuss that after we figure out exactly why Fuse wasn’t loading. The Dashboard would display, I would select a new project, then it wouldn’t maximize. I even started off using an existing project and the issue started there, so I switched to trying a new project seeing if that would resolve the issue, but it didn’t.

Let’s debug some more in that case.

Could you run CMD (terminal), cd to the folder one of your Fuse projects, and run fuse preview command there? This would give you build logs at least, so we’d see if that’s a problem with a particular project, or Fuse itself.

Ok. Last Night when I finished my Shift, I decided to do something I did at work when one of the Programs on my Laptop wouldn’t open and continued to display an error message–

–I removed it from my Laptop and reinstalled it. Now Fuse opens without a problem.

Will this solution work in regards to figuring out why the Code won’t work on the Phone? As aforementioned, everytime I hit CTRL + S, nothing really happens, the page doesn’t display on my Phone. When I’m done with my Shift, I’ll toy with your suggestion to see if it’ll work.

No, that alone will not help us figure out anything. You need to follow all instructions on how to correctly deploy your app (preview or release builds) to your mobile device, and if a particular step doesn’t work, please report exactly what you did and exactly what did (or did not) happen.

My mistake, I should’ve clarified myself…

when I asked if the solution would work, I was speaking on the suggestion you posted, not me uninstalling/reinstalling Fuse. I knew that would work in regards to Fuse running properly and opening for me after I make my selection in the Dashboard.

As aforementioned, after my Shift is done I’ll try your suggestions to see if I’m able to see any Previews in Fuse and/or my BlackBerry PRIV. Thanks for all your help and patience, by the way. Most Appreciated. :slight_smile:

Ok. So now it’s been about a Week or so since we last spoke. I had toyed around with it earlier last Week and came up with a couple error messages, one of which appeared when I was in ATOM accessing the Fuse Preview for Android, but I realized it was because I didn’t have a program or file open (it was a “getpath” error message). I also received a different one when I was following the steps in the hyperlink, ones which I recall using before, but that was before I discovered I was using Cellular Data instead of Wi-Fi. At this point I have the mainview.ux file open and run the Fuse Preview Android command in ATOM again using the Ctrl+Shift+P keyboard shortcuts again, and this time the error message says:

Fuse 1.6.0 (build 15273)
fuse: Could not find a fuse project to preview

I already dl’ed the new version, so I’m update, and attempted to run a uno clean, whatever that means, until I realized that I can’t even use a path to locate my project AT ALL. Not just in ATOM or in Fuse, but my Terminal as well. I run a cd command and nothing seems to locate the file or path, I keep receiving “The system cannot find the path specified” or “(file/path)is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file” error messages, and this is for some simple simon stuff, like running commands for Java, like “HelloWorld!”. It can locate the DIR and C drive (D drive isn’t set up, apparently), so maybe it’s something I’m doing wrong, or I haven’t set my laptop up for something like this, seeing as this will be my 1st Coding and Programming project.

Do you or anybody else knows what the issue might be? It can’t be the paths that I’m using, apparently it’s refusing Fuse and any other path, even in my Users folder.

I’m coming back assuming someone had an answer, but apparently not. Such a shame, I really like Fuse. I’ve gotten further with this Software than I have with others in regards to navigating and loading things.

Can someone please help me out here?

Hi,

everything you’re reporting there is very random, and it’s almost impossible to understand what’s going on. This all sounds like an issue with your computer, and not at all with Fuse.

You’ve asked about 20 different questions, and neither of those with enough explanation on exactly what you did. I don’t know how to help.

Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking, the question is to figure out exactly why the Preview Window won’t work.