64-bit warning when releasing an Android app

Hello! When releasing a new version to Google Play, I got a warning stating that starting 1st of August 2019, all apps must support 64-bit architecture. How can I build a Fuse app that supports this ?

https://developer.android.com/distribute/best-practices/develop/64-bit

1 Like

this is a known issue and we have created a ticket for it in here. You can track this issue there. And hope it will resolve soon

Any update yet on this issue, Iā€™m working on a Fuse App, and this is major. Any effort I can be a part of?

You can follow the progress from the ticket. Iā€™m pretty sure the issue will be fixed soon.

I also have an application made in FUSE, Iā€™m hoping for this solution.

Hi guysā€¦ any Progress on this?

I saw in Slack that Mortenā€™s gonna get started on it soon.

64Bit supports is here: https://github.com/fuse-open/uno/pull/186

1 Like

HI Ichan

When itā€™s supossed to be released the next versiĆ³n with this included?

it is released couple days ago. Now fuselibs and uno is distributed using NPM. You can install the update using : npm install -g fuse-sdk command. more info here

Hey! And sorry for being nooby x)
I dont get this workingā€¦

I have Fuse 1.10 installed and tried npm install -g fuse-sdk but I get an error with:
android-build-tools could not be found

If you want to build Android apps it is recommended to install this package using the following command:

npm install -g android-build-tools

+fuse-sdk@1.12.0-rc.4
updated 1 package in 1.14s

when I run ā€˜npm install -g android-build-toolsā€™ I get:

The command ā€œbashā€ is either misspelled or
could not be found.
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! android-build-tools@0.3.2 install: bash install.sh
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the android-build-tools@0.3.2 install script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_logs\2019-07-14T00_35_29_062Z-debug.log

What am I doing wrong? In wich directory I have to run this command?
I hope Iā€™m not ridiculous x)

Thanks for help (=

@Stefan_13 Please try to rerun npm install -g android-build-tools.

I just published a new version of the package that automatically detects Bash on your system.

If it still doesnā€™t work please install Git for Windows (includes Bash) to solve the problem. You can get it at https://git-scm.com/downloads

@mortend thank you very much :slight_smile: but there is no finish success xD
now I get this error:

Found Bash at E:\Programs\Git\usr\bin\bash.exe Found JDK8 at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java Downloading https://dl.google.com/android/repository/sdk-tools-windows-4333796.zip Extracting to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Android\sdk Accepting licenses
ERROR: Install failed ā€“ please read output for clues, or open an issue on GitHub. Note that Java 8 (not 9+) is required to install Android SDK. npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! android-build-tools@1.0.0-rc.1 install: node install.js npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the android-build-tools@1.0.0-rc.1 install script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

java 8 and node.js is installed :v:t3:

sorry for taking your time :confused:

@Stefan_13 No worries. Iā€™ve published another version with improved JDK detection and error reporting.

I believe the problem is with the JDK. If it still doesnā€™t work, please try the OpenJDK from https://adoptopenjdk.net/

Thaank you very much :pray: now it works! :slight_smile:

buut :D:D
If I start ā€œnpm install -g fuse-sdkā€ it looks like it finished successfully

• fuse-sdk@1.12.0-rc.4
    updated 1 package in 1.41s

but when I start ā€œuno --versionā€ it even says

Uno version 1.10.0-rc1

Dont even know, if it is another Problem, or does it matter with this here? :speak_no_evil:

Thank you so much (=

Woah, thatā€™s good! :slight_smile:

So now your problem is that an older version of Uno, probably from an older Fuse Studio install, takes precedence in PATH.

• Solution 1: Uninstall Fuse Studio if you no longer use it, or
  • Solution 2: Edit your PATH variable and move %APPDATA%\npm so it comes before Fuse.

You can run where uno to see where your different unoā€™s are located. And shuffle your PATH until the right one comes out on top.

Ī» where uno
C:\Users\morten\AppData\Roaming\npm\uno
C:\Users\morten\AppData\Roaming\npm\uno.cmd

And thanks for testing. Your feedback helps us improve.

Solution 1: It works like you said :+1:

But I want to use Fuse Studio to Display changes on my Desktop. Therefore I tried Solution 2 :smiley:
I searched in ā€œsystem->system-variableā€ for npm in Path, but there is nothing named like this, so I created a new one. But nothing changed.

I think there I somethink I am doing wrong :confused::v:

On my system the path is C:\Users\morten\AppData\Roaming\npm (aka %APPDATA%\npm).

If it doesnā€™t exist in System Variables you can add it, and make sure it is above the Fuse Studio path.

In ā€œUservariablesā€ there are only two elements:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm

But nothing called Fuseā€¦
In ā€œSystemvariablesā€ there are a lot elementsā€¦
One for Fuse but nothing for uno

C:\Program Files (x86)\Fuse\

So I added new one:

C:\Users\morten\AppData\Roaming\npm

But my Version is still 1.10 when I get ā€œuno --versionā€ :confused:

Make sure C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm is above C:\Program Files (x86)\Fuse\ in System Variables and I believe it should work. :slight_smile:

Note that you have to replace morten (my name) with your user name. :wink:

where uno should print something similar to this.

Ī» where uno
C:\Users\morten\AppData\Roaming\npm\uno
C:\Users\morten\AppData\Roaming\npm\uno.cmd
C:\Program Files (x86)\Fuse\uno.exe