Trying to start the daemon as a background process. fuse: Couldn't start a background process of the daemon.

I installed Sublime and I launched it from the Flus launcher, and this is what I get as an alert from sublime Text:

“Trying to start the daemon as a background process. fuse: Couldn’t start a background process of the daemon.”

What should I do?

Hi, thanks for reporting this issue!

Could you try leaving fuse daemon running in a terminal and try again? Also please post any output from running fuse daemon.

Cheers

Also, are you on Windows or OS X?

I am on OS X

I will try what you have suggested and get back asap

THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED

THIS IS HOW I GOT THE PROBLEM

Ok, this is the scenario on how I got the error:

I installed sublime and tried installing the plugin using the fuse dashboard. It gave me the notification that the plugin has been installed.

I then opened my project in sublime from the fuse dashboard and then the error showed up

SOLUTION

I tried doing exactly as you have stated, I went on the commandline and navigated to where my project existed and ran the command: fuse daemon

as suggested and it gave me an output stating that “fuse daemon was already running”

NEXT OPTION:

So I had to restart my computer and tried opening up my project in sublim, and the error didnt show up.

I also ran fuse daemon on command promt where my project is located so see if I would get the same output and this is what I got “Already running at 127.0.0.1 port 12122”

The error doesnt show up again.

THANKS ALOT GUYS FOR YOUR HELP, I HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE.