Push notifications problems

Hi guys!!

I’m trying to use push notifications in Android with Google Firebase Messaging with this example code:
https://www.fusetools.com/docs/fuse/pushnotifications/push

The results are:

1. The APP is not reciving messages if the APP is interative mode (for me it is ok)
  2. The APP is reciving messages when the APP is in background mode.

But I’m having problems with these situations:

• When Android starts, the APP doesn’t recive message, I need to open the APP and pass to background mode.
  • It isn’t reciving messages When the APP is in background mode for a long time.
  • Also I don’t recive messages if I stop the APP with the android square button…

These behaviours are normal?

Thanks.

Hi Javier, I may know what’s going on but it would really help to see your log.

Can you try the following.

• run build/Android/Debug/log.sh (leave this running in a terminal)
  • Deploy to android
  • Copy the whole log here

The log is going to be noisier than the regular one but it can occasionally capture stuff android reports in a weird way.

Im interested in seeing if you get ‘Registration Succeed’ and if you do actually get the messages when the app is open.

The reason some folks get confused is that, when the app has focus, the notification is delivered straight to the app, it does not appear in the notificiation bar. This is standard behaviour for android and iOS so Fuse doesnt try to hack around that.

This would explain these two:

The APP is not reciving messages if the APP is interative mode (for me it is ok)
The APP is reciving messages when the APP is in background mode.

as it would appear that the message is never recieved. However these two:

It isn’t reciving messages When the APP is in background mode for a long time.
Also I don’t recive messages if I stop the APP with the android square button…

are new and we may need to look a little deeper.

Sorry you are having this issue but thanks for posting it!

Hi Chris,

Thank’s a lot for your reply!!

Here you have the log content.

Please, tell me if you need more info.

Hi!!

Chris Bagley no news?

Javier, our notification library has been tested against GCM and APNS. We haven’t looked into how it would interact with Firebase so it’s hard to give any real data on this. We have done further testing on Push Notifications and have not seen the issues described on the standard backends.

For now I’m going to have to close this. No doubt support for firebase notifications will be around in the future but it’s not something we are looking at now.

Thanks