Fuse preview confused when disconnected from internet

I was playing with fuse in the office and then closed the macbook and moved to the train. Daemon was still running. While on Caltrain I continued to work, but there was no internet there and oh, boy, was fuse confused! It refused to run, it refused to quit, it said all sorts of “can’t resolve name”, etc, it said that it can’t open the socket to the daemon, etc. Even kill-all didn’t work

I had to ps ax | grep -i fuse | awk '{print $1}' | xargs kill -9

Some things that it did say:

$ fuse preview
fuse: Daemon handshake failed: Request failed: (6) - Daemon key was not right, maybe because daemon possesses wrong local user.

fuse kill-all
Killing FuseTray
Killing mono
Killing mono
Killing Fuse
Cortex pinger: Error: NameResolutionFailure

Daemon still running. I killed it.

Started fuse preview again

fuse preview
Cortex pinger: Error: NameResolutionFailure

But then it works. But it hangs once in a while and I have to kill it. Eventually, it stuck forever and I had to kill -9 it.

Full thread dump:

"<unnamed thread>"Full thread dump:

"<unnamed thread>"fish: Job 1, 'fuse preview' terminated by signal SIGKILL (Forced quit)

Full thread dumps are when I tried to SIGABRT it with Ctrl+\ didn’t work

i’m having Err_Empty_Response

Was this with local preview running on your machine or on a device? I’m assuming it’s on your machine given fuse preview in your paste. It’s a little odd since Fuse doesn’t actually use an internet connection at all, just the local network. And in the case of running preview on the device, it should connect via localhost as well.

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 yesterday and am encountering many problems.
Firstly while starting up and after logging in I repeatedly get a “Black Screen.”
When I go to “Safe Mode with Networking”:

1. I get a message that says:
    “This app can’t open. Get started can’t be opened using the built in administrator account, sign in with a different account and try again.”
    I have no idea what this means. I just have my one account as “Administrator.”
  2. When in “Safe Mode with Networking” I cannot connect to the internet. I get a message that says:
    “Unable to connect to the internet. Google Chrome can’t display web page because your browser isn’t connected to the interned.
    Err_Internet_disconnected.”
    In “Safe Mode with Networking” I should be able to connect to the internet. When I “restart” I connect to the internet just fine.

Could someone help me resolve these issues in terms that a lay person can understand?
Thank you

john9871j: Yeah, ERR_INTERNET_DISCONNECTED isn’t related to Fuse at all. :slight_smile:

I’d still be interested to hear back from Kika though about the original issue.

PS: if you’re looking for info on how Fuse uses the network and how fuse preview works, we’ve actually written about it in our docs, so take a look at https://www.fusetools.com/docs/preview-and-export/preview-details to learn more. It explains the full boostrapping flow as well.