Fuse as a tool for developing HUDs, games, ...

See the attached Mac TextEdit RTFD file containing an image and set of related questions…

I will monitor the post in case there are any issues with the document or questions.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Hi there! In general we would prefer it if forum questions were not posted in the form of RTF documents inside a zip file. It’s much better to simply use the forum in the way intended. :slight_smile:

As for your questions: game development is currently not the focus of Fuse. While it is definitely possible to make games with it (several people have), it is not our key use case. Also, using Fuse to create just a HUD for a game written using other frameworks would require quite a bit of custom work right now. We aim to make this a lot easier in the future though.

Video - The number of videos playing at the same time is typically limited by the underlying capabilities of each device. For the scenario you mention (a list of clips) the simplest would be to use regular images for each of them and only switch to a video element when one of them is selected for playback.

iOS 3D Touch - We have not yet added support for this in Fuse. It will come at a later stage but if you need it right now you’ll have to implement your own gestures based on the existing components + foreign code.

3D perspective and transformations - Currently supported to some extent, with the limitation that you can only have one (e.g. the same) perspective for all the components. (See viewport and the other documentation on transformations)

Effects and shaders - Are supported (see here) and you can write your own as well (but it requires you to use Uno )

Developing an editor / basic drawing software - Is definitely possible but it’s quite likely that you’ll have to write some custom Uno code for this (rather than just using Javascript and UX).

Drag’n’drop list reordering - I think this should be possible to implement with just UX and Javascript. However, if that’s not possible then it should definitely work with a little bit of custom Uno code. :slight_smile:

Native webview, mapview and textedit - All can be used full-screen and you can have multiple of them on screen at the same time. All native components are by default on top of the custom GL ones (as mentioned here) but it’s also possible to do tricks to work around that, as mentioned here

Mixed rendering with 3rd party engines / frameworks - As mentioned above this would currently require quite a bit of custom work on your behalf. It’ll be made possible at a later stage but it’s currently not a priority.

Data persistance - There’s no official local db api shipping with Fuse yet, but there are user projects such as bolav’s SQLite integration. It should be fairly easy to use foreign code to do something similar for Coredata. It might also be possible to use the regular storage api as a fallback solution.

Much obliged detailed reply, mostly anticipated answers, but you guys are the experts so I wanted to run the list past you guys.

I appreciate you taking the time to specifically answer each question and being through - nice :grinning:

Regarding the use of an Archive file, it came about due to circumstances. I originally did a drag and drop on the image files, it “uploaded ()”, next I did a drag and drop on the “…RTFD” file, it “uploaded ()”, but as a result wiped out the previous item (the image). I saw in the “Post new reply thread” footer where it mentioned “image, text, video and archive formats”, figured uploading multiple items was not supported hence the need for an archive format.

Then after a day or so with no replies I was concerned the .zip was a put off and looked to delete it and give it another go, but did not readily see an option to delete the post.

Having gained that little bit of experience, the next time around I will work up the formatting using the Github markdown in the future, leaving the use of the attachement for screenshots etc - so will do regarding no RTF documents in a .zip file :+1: