Error on building for android: AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item

While trying to build for android I am getting the following error:

AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored'.

This happens when I try to preview the application using the following command:

fuse preview -t=android [YourProject] -DGRADLE

Fuse version : Fuse version 0.31.0 (build 8955)

Thanks.

Hi there,
Sorry to see you have an issue, can you describe when this started? Have your previously been able to build projects for android?

Hi Chris,

This is the exact things I did.

I created a new project using the following step:

fuse create app sample

Then I copied the following code to MainView.ux

<App>
    <DockPanel>
        <StatusBarBackground Dock="Top" />
        <ScrollView ClipToBounds="true">
            <StackPanel>
                <Text FontSize="30">Hello, world!</Text>
                <Slider />
                <Button Text="Button" />
                <Switch Alignment="Left" />
            </StackPanel>
        </ScrollView>
    </DockPanel>
</App>

I tried to run the project using the following comment:

fuse build --target=android --run

it was showing the error

ERROR: supportv4.jar was not found. Please run 'fuse install android' in your shell and then restart your build

So I tried to run using gradle with following command:

fuse preview -t=android Sample -DGRADLE

but it again throwing the error:

/Users/unnikrishnan.b/Documents/workarea/sample/build/Android/Preview/sample/app/build/intermediates/res/merged/arm7/debug/values-v24/values-v24.xml:3: AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored'.

/Users/unnikrishnan.b/Documents/workarea/sample/build/Android/Preview/sample/app/build/intermediates/res/merged/arm7/debug/values-v24/values-v24.xml:4: AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored'.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

/* What went wrong: Execution failed for task ':app:processArm7DebugResources'. \> com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command '/Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Android/sdk/build-tools/23.0.1/aapt'' finished with non-zero exit value 1

/* Try: Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

Could you please look into this issue.

Thanks,

We have a patching coming soon that will take care of your original issue. I’ll look into the gradle issue on monday. Thanks for the details, I may need to pester you for a few more but this gives me a good place to start.

Hi, the latest version 0.31.2, should contain the fix for your original problem. Check it out here https://www.fusetools.com/downloads

Hi Emil,

It’s working perfectly, you are a superstar!

thanks for the support :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Hi,

We still have this issue with fuse build -t=android -DGRADLE

../app/build/intermediates/res/merged/arm7/debug/values-v24/values-v24.xml:4: AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored'.

I was typing to build https://github.com/cbaggers/Fuse.Firebase

Could you please look into this?

Thanks,

Unnikrishnan B.

We definitely will, thanks for the update

Issue found. See here for updates https://github.com/cbaggers/Fuse.Firebase/issues/23

I’m testing the fix on our internal builds now

Hi,

fuse build -t=android -DGRADLE -r --set:SDK.BuildToolsVersion="24.0.1" --set:SDK.CompileVersion="24" --set:SDK.TargetVersion="24"

I build using the above command, is it the right method please verify.

https://www.fusetools.com/docs/native-interop/preliminary-gradle-support

Thanks.

Thanks for posting your fix, it’s great to see the details

To anyone else seeing this thread please note that the fuse installer installs buildtools 23.1 and we have a internal fix for this issue shipping soon that works without having to specify alternate build tool versions.