Desktop Deployment

There seem to be VERY VERY little discussion both on the page and in the forum about desktop apps with Fuse… there’s absolute no video on it on Fuse’s YouTube page, neither are there any screenshots or sample apps or tutorials. I happen to have an upcoming project and I’m finding it hard with the decision as to whether to use NW.js or Fuse for the Desktop GUI… one question that bothers me most is the look… will I be getting the cool graphical looks or native OS looks for the UI components when I set the target to MSVC/DotNetExe/DotNetDll? Anyone screenshots or screen-recordings will be helpful

There seem to be VERY VERY little discussion both on the page and in the forum about desktop apps with Fuse… there’s absolute no video on it on Fuse’s YouTube page, neither are there any screenshots or sample apps or tutorials.

The simple reason for that is that desktop apps are not an officially supported (or planned for) export target for Fuse.

.NET export exists primarily as a way to develop, test and iterate upon projects ultimately destined for the iOS and Android mobile platforms.

So if making native desktop apps is your goal, I’m afraid Fuse is not a viable choice. We’re dedicated to mobile first, and expanding to desktop support (while theoretically feasible with time and effort) is unfortunately not something we’re investing in.