Dashboard not working properly

After installing Fuse, I was not able to open projects. Also from commandline I could not preview. As it turned out the usr/local packages were not installed.

After a re-install that is now all there.

What I can do from the dashboard: create a new project (it is saved where I want) However I can not open it, and after creating a new project it does not show up at “recent projects”

When starting from Sublime Text 3, I can open projects and it also creates a good working preview.

Thanks in advance for your help.

version 0.23.0 OSX El Capitan

What happens after you reboot your computer after installing Fuse for the first time? Do the “Recent projects” work then?

Is Fuse blocked in your firewall perhaps? (it uses local network traffic both to communicate with the preview and the dashboard).

No reinstall and restart do not help it. Also when no firewall is on, it does not work.

Could you please upload the logs found here ~/.fuse/logs/ to https://www.dropbox.com/request/ZgndLtJQm5eGzG9cicGK

Done

Hmm, could you start the app called Console, which you’ll find in Spotlight. After that start the Fuse Dashboard. Then, please send us the logs found in the Console, while the filter in the upper right corner is set to Fuse dashboard.

Uploaded to the same dropbox. I first created a new project, then try to open it.

One peculiar thing, I noticed is that Fuse doesn’t show up in spotlight.

Thank you :slight_smile:

That Fuse doesn’t always show up in spotlight is known, but thank you for reporting that too.

Hi, what’s the output of running system_profiler SPFontsDataType | grep -i Andale in terminal.

Uploaded. If you are thinking in the direction of fonts, might be good to know I have Suitcase Fusion 6 installed.

The dashboard fails to load Andale Mono, which can be related to the second version you have of that font. Since on my machine only the Andale Mono in /Library/Fonts/Andale Mono.ttf was found.

Hmm, I think the font is installed with Microsoft Office. One of my workstations have Office, so I’m not sure if it’s related.

Both Andale fonts were ‘deactivated’ in Suitcase Fusion. After activation of the font, the Fuse Dashboard works as it is supposed to!! Thanks a lot Emil!!

Awesome that it worked :slight_smile: I’ve made a ticket for making a fallback routine in the dashboard, if it fails to load that font.

Thanks for the help. BTW any trick to “force” the mac to index the Fuse app so it pops up in spotlight?

Try following this guide