Can not preview Android on OSX

When previewing for Android, I get the error message that ‘native target failed to build. Looks like android in not installed’.

When running fuse install android, the message is that everything is already installed.

Hi, let’s see if we can get this fixed. :slight_smile:

Could you share the whole build log? (You can upload it here in case you don’t want to share it with the whole world: https://www.dropbox.com/request/Rx1QN3QluvxAJiyGJqrh )

Have you configured Fuse to use any previously installed Android SDK packages or did you let it download exactly the things it wanted?

I haven’t configured Fuse to use anything specifically. Just downloaded the various Fuse-versions throughout the months and installed them.

Here’s the log:

Brians-MacBook-Pro-2:ScrollingAnimation briansandholdt$ fuse preview --target=Android Connected to fuse daemon Build started: FullCompile

Building project ‘ScrollingAnimation’, target ‘Android’

Build stage changed: Configuring

Configuring

Uno: 0.9.3-OSX Project: /Users/briansandholdt/Fuse/ScrollingAnimation/ScrollingAnimation.unoproj Packages: UnoCore (0.16.4), Fuse.Designer (0.15.3), Uno.Collections (0.16.2), Uno.Geometry (0.16.2), Uno.Threading (0.16.4), FuseCore (0.15.3), Experimental.Physics (0.15.3), Fuse.Animations (0.15.3), Fuse.Drawing (0.15.3), Fuse.Drawing.Batching (0.15.3), Fuse.Drawing.Meshes (0.15.3), Fuse.Drawing.Planar (0.15.3), Uno.Net.Http (0.16.4), Experimental.Http (0.15.3), Fuse.Triggers (0.15.3), Android (0.16.3), ObjC (0.16.1), Experimental.iOS (0.16.1), Experimental.TextureLoader (0.16.2), Fuse.Elements (0.15.3), Fuse.Drawing.Primitives (0.15.3), Fuse.Drawing.Polygons (0.15.3), Fuse.Drawing.Paths (0.15.3), Fuse.Entities (0.15.3), Fuse.Gestures (0.15.3), Fuse.Navigation (0.15.3), Fuse.Shapes (0.15.3), Fuse.Controls (0.15.3), Fuse.Effects (0.15.3), Fuse.Physics (0.15.3), Fuse.BasicTheme (0.15.3), Fuse.Video (0.15.3), Fuse.Themes (0.15.3), Fuse.Desktop (0.15.3), Fuse.iOS (0.15.3), Fuse.Android (0.15.3), Fuse.Camera (0.15.3), Fuse.Storage (0.15.3), Fuse.Vibration (0.15.3), Fuse.Launcher (0.15.3), Fuse.Messages (0.15.3), Fuse.GeoLocation (0.15.3), Fuse.Scripting (0.15.3), Uno.Data.Json (0.16.2), Fuse.Scripting.Duktape (0.15.3), Fuse.Scripting.JavaScriptCore (0.15.3), Fuse.Scripting.Jurassic (0.15.3), Uno.Net.Sockets (0.16.2), Fuse.Scripting.V8 (0.15.3), Fuse.Reactive (0.15.3), Experimental.Bitmaps (0.16.2), Outracks.Simulator.Protocol.Uno (0.0.0), Outracks.Simulator.Reflection.Uno (0.0.0), Outracks.Simulator.Client.Uno (0.1.0), Uno.Data.Xml (0.16.2), ScrollingAnimation (0.0.0) (2,124.32 ms)

Build stage changed: Parsing source code

Parsing source code

(3,989.04 ms)

Build stage changed: Compiling syntax tree

Compiling syntax tree

(14,489.80 ms)

Build stage changed: Generating code and data

Generating code and data

/Users/briansandholdt/Fuse/ScrollingAnimation/ScrollingAnimation.unoproj: MUNKNOWN: Number of namespaces stripped: 281 /Users/briansandholdt/Fuse/ScrollingAnimation/ScrollingAnimation.unoproj(1,1): Message MUNKNOWN: Number of namespaces stripped: 281 /Users/briansandholdt/Fuse/ScrollingAnimation/ScrollingAnimation.unoproj: MUNKNOWN: Number of types stripped: 5684 /Users/briansandholdt/Fuse/ScrollingAnimation/ScrollingAnimation.unoproj(1,1): Message MUNKNOWN: Number of types stripped: 5684 /Users/briansandholdt/Fuse/ScrollingAnimation/ScrollingAnimation.unoproj: MUNKNOWN: Number of types sealed: 1740 /Users/briansandholdt/Fuse/ScrollingAnimation/ScrollingAnimation.unoproj(1,1): Message MUNKNOWN: Number of types sealed: 1740 /Users/briansandholdt/Fuse/ScrollingAnimation/ScrollingAnimation.unoproj: MUNKNOWN: Number of fields stripped: 45429 /Users/briansandholdt/Fuse/ScrollingAnimation/ScrollingAnimation.unoproj(1,1): Message MUNKNOWN: Number of fields stripped: 45429 /Users/briansandholdt/Fuse/ScrollingAnimation/ScrollingAnimation.unoproj: MUNKNOWN: Number of functions stripped: 102414 /Users/briansandholdt/Fuse/ScrollingAnimation/ScrollingAnimation.unoproj(1,1): Message MUNKNOWN: Number of functions stripped: 102414 /Users/briansandholdt/Fuse/ScrollingAnimation/ScrollingAnimation.unoproj: MUNKNOWN: Number of functions stripped from vtable: 920 /Users/briansandholdt/Fuse/ScrollingAnimation/ScrollingAnimation.unoproj(1,1): Message MUNKNOWN: Number of functions stripped from vtable: 920 /Users/briansandholdt/Fuse/ScrollingAnimation/ScrollingAnimation.unoproj: MUNKNOWN: Number of functions sealed: 3491 /Users/briansandholdt/Fuse/ScrollingAnimation/ScrollingAnimation.unoproj(1,1): Message MUNKNOWN: Number of functions sealed: 3491 (16,707.30 ms)

Build stage changed: Building native target

Building native target

Running /Users/briansandholdt/Fuse/ScrollingAnimation/.build/Simulator/Android/build.sh

Building SO

Agreeing to the Xcode/iOS license requires admin privileges, please re-run as root via sudo.

(exit code: 69)

: EUNKNOWN: Native target failed to build ?: Error EUNKNOWN: Native target failed to build

Build completed in 37.40 seconds 0 Warning(s) 1 Error(s)

Error Summary

: EUNKNOWN: Native target failed to build Build ended jdk was found. Checking if /usr/share/uno/SDKs/AndroidSDK exists. /usr/share/uno/SDKs/AndroidSDK was not found. androidsdk was not found. Checking if /usr/share/uno/SDKs/AndroidNDK/ndk-build exists. /usr/share/uno/SDKs/AndroidNDK/ndk-build was not found. androidndk was not found. Checking if /usr/share/uno/SDKs/Ant exists. /usr/share/uno/SDKs/Ant was not found. ant was not found. Android: ERROR: Looks like Android is not installed. Please run ‘fuse install android’ first. fuse: Failed to compile project Brians-MacBook-Pro-2:ScrollingAnimation briansandholdt$

It seems you just have to start XCode manually once, so it can prompt you to agree to the Xcode license.

Thanks, didn’t know that I had to run Xcode for pure Android dev. Preview now works from Fuse Dashboard, but NOT from Sublime Text (neither local nor Android previews). It just says “Unexpected fatal error! Please report this to us.”

Any idea why?

Personally I’m not sure exactly what we use from the Xcode toolchain for building to Android, I’ll get someone to reply about that.

As for the issues with Sublime Text, could you please zip up and send us ~/fuse/.logs? Note that this doesn’t contain any of your code, but does contain things like project names and paths. So if those are sensitive, you might want to refuse. If you upload the zip to https://dropbox.com/request/Rx1QN3QluvxAJiyGJqrh it can only be accessed by the Fuse team.

How do I find that log file?

The log files are in in fuse/.logs in your home directory. On my machine they are for instance in /Users/knatten/.fuse/logs. You can just zip up that entire directory, the resulting zip will be very small.

Thanks, I have uploaded to your dropbox folder :slight_smile:

Thank you! I believe I know what the issue is, but it is a bit hard to know from the logs. Do you have time to try a few more things?

First, in the Sublime menu, select “View” -> “Show Console”. Do you see an error similar to this one when you try to start preview?

Unexpected fatal error! Please report this to us.
2015-11-24 09:06:20.758 fuse[3424:81836] Error reading file at file:///Applications/Fuse.app/./../../Contents/.mono_root
The file doesn’t exist.

If so, this is a bug that we have fixed in an upcoming release of Fuse. We don’t have a reliable workaround until then, but this usually works:

• Delete the two files that start with Fuse in Library/Application\ Support/Sublime\ Text\ 3/Installed\ Packages/ in your home directory
  • Quit Sublime
  • Re-install the Sublime plugin using the “Sublime Text setup” button in the Fuse dashboard (or just fuse install sublime-plugin on the command line)
  • Start Sublime

If that doesn’t work either, you can try to restart your Mac.

Really sorry for the inconvenience!

I don’t get that error. The console mentions not being able to find UserGuide.txt from ScrollingAnimmation sample in that same path you mentioned. I don’t think it is supposed to be there. However, I somehow managed to remove the plug-in a few times and starting Sublime up, closing it, opening the dashboard to install the plug-in againg, open sublime from Finder, close it and THEN open from dashboard. Now the preview works. Weird :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot - you are doing such a great work support wise!

In what path? Library/Application\ Support/Sublime\ Text\ 3/Installed\ Packages? That’s fascinatingly strange! :slight_smile:

Glad you got it working at least, and let us know if you have any further issues. Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for checking out Fuse!