Apple AppStore app submission

Hi!

I’m triying to submit an app to the AppStore, for now to TestFlight with some testers, but i’m finding some problem. I can’t find the .ipa file

On the /build/iOS/Release/build/Build/Products/Release-iphoneos folder i find a .app, but for Application Loader i need and .ipa file.

I’ve tried to open the project on Xcode (the other option to upload builds on testflight) but it has compiler error.

ld: library not found for -lPods-elgourmet-recetario
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Any idea of how can i open the project on Xcode without errors or at least get the .ipa file?

Thanks

John

Hello, have you checked out the Preview and export guide?

Hi Liam!

I followed that guide! I tried using command line and using Fuse Studio. When i used the command line (fuse build --target=iOS --configuration=Release) i get the app compiled without problems, but i can’t get the .ipa file.

When i choose the option Export to iOS from Fuse Studio, it creates the executable and installs it on the iOS device connected. But i can’t find and ipa file on the folder.

But if i choose Preview, it opens XCode and alllow me to preview from an iOS Simulator, but this is the preview project, not the release one. I think that part of my problem here is that my project uses Cocoa Pods.

It’s possible to open the release project on Xcode (like when we choose preview from Fuse Studio) with Pods added. It would allow me to generate the ipa file directly from Xcode.

Thanks

John

If you’re using cocoapods, the correct build command will be:

fuse build --target=iOS --configuration=Release -DCOCOAPODS -d

The -DCOCOAPODS flag includes the pods. The -d flag opens the compiled project in XCode.

As for “getting the .ipa file”, you don’t really need that. Once XCode opens with the compiled project following the build command mentioned above, you need to do the following steps:

1. Make sure that “Generic iOS Device” is selected as the build target at the top of the screen.
  2. Select the app name in the left pane, then make sure that all settings under General and Capabilities match what your app needs.
  3. From the top menu, select Product -> Archive.
  4. Once the build completes, a new window (Organiser?) opens. There you can click the big blue “Upload to App Store…” button. Alternatively, you have the option to choose “Export…”, where you’ll end up with the .ipa file, but that is not necessary if you’re targeting TestFlight.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Uldis! The -d does the trick!

I was asking about how create the .ipa, becasue since i wasn’t able to open the project on Xcode with Pods installed, i was using the Apple Application Uploader, that uplaod and .ipa file directly yo the AppStore.

Now it’s working! Thanks for the help! I’ll update when our big app is about to launch :smiley: