Pod: command not found

Fuse 1.2.1 (build 13974).
Mac OS Sierra.
Xcode Version 9.0 (9A235).

When building a preview for iOS from the Fuse GUI the following error occurs when using -DCOCOAPODS:

Fuse 1.2.1 (build 13974)
Configuring (1.1 s)
Compiling syntax tree (2.8 s)
Generating code and data (7.4 s)

Build completed in 11.37 seconds
/Users/username/MyApp/build/iOS/Preview/run.sh: line 9: pod: command not found
fuse: iOS run failed

Workaround:
Running ./build/iOS/Preview/build.sh from a terminal works and opening the generated .xcworkspace also works.

i have the same issue but with a different error

Opening Xcode
Analyzing dependencies
Downloading dependencies
Generating Pods project
/Users/****/Desktop/****/build/iOS/Debug/run.sh: line 8: 18752 Abort trap: 6           pod install

and this is the trace.

Stack trace (System.Exception):
  System.Void Uno.Build.BuildResult.Run(Uno.Logging.Log log) in (0.0)
  Uno.Build.BuildResult Uno.CLI.Projects.BuildCommand.Build(BuildArguments args) in (0.0)
  System.Void Uno.CLI.Projects.BuildCommand.Execute(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[[System.String, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]] args) in (0.0)
  System.Void Uno.CLI.Program.Execute(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[[System.String, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]] args) in (0.0)
  System.Int32 Uno.CLI.Program.Main(System.String[] args) in (0.0)

Thanks for reporting! An internal ticket has been raised and you’ll get notified when there’s some progress.

@booster: Thanks I have replicated this and am 90% sure this is a tool issue. On my machine I’m getting the issue in fuse GUI and not in command line builds. I’ve passed this issue along to people in the know.

@prince: That seems different. Please try running pod from the terminal and see what the result is.

thanks chris i updated cocoa pod, it solved my issue.

Hi @booster

Where is the pod located (run which pod)? I suspect that the bash_profile used in the terminal, exports a custom PATH environment variable, and this customization isn’t picked up by the launch services on macOS. Follow https://stackoverflow.com/questions/603785/environment-variables-in-mac-os-x, to set the PATH environment correctly when using launch services.

which pod says: /usr/local/bin/pod

I will play around with the environment vars and see if I can make it work. There is nothing in my .bash_profile setting the PATH variable. /usr/local/bin is in the PATH variable.

Interesting, looks like launch services are setting its path to sysctl user.cs_path = /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin, so the Terminal.app probably adds /usr/local/bin itself. I’ll update the ticket so that we can fix it on our side. The workaround is to start fuse from terminal.

Cool, I can live with that - thanks a bunch!

(edit: OK that sounded a bit sarcastic - I am actually grateful!)

Thank you for reporting it :slight_smile:

Btw, can you try to start the fuse app by running open -a /Applications/Fuse.app from terminal and see if the PATH environment becomes correct.

It works!

Nice, a fix is also scheduled for next release :slight_smile:

Terminal - sudo gem install cocoapods