Accessibility

Since today is the Global Accessibility Awareness Day, I have to ask to what extent accessibility (or a11y for short) is supported out of the box with Fuse.

Both iOS and Android have native accessibility features. Most notably VoiceOver on iOS and TalkBack on Android. But there are also a bunch of other techniques to help impaired users.

I don’t have experience with accessibility when making native apps. Probably you need to manually add accessibility features? Maybe VoiceOver works out of the box? But my main question(s) regarding Fuse are:

1. In a Fuse app, if you don’t have added any specific accessibility features manually, is the iOS/Android system able to activate some accessibility features automatically like VoiceOver/TalkBack? Does iOS/Android detect buttons etc automatically?

2. Is it possible to add all accessibility APIs available by iOS/Android with Uno/Foreign code?

3. Do I have to use the NativeViewHost for accessibility to work, or does the OpenGl Graphic renderer work also?

I don’t have a specific app in progress when asking this, but I have some ideas for the future regarding some educational apps for schools that would need these kind of features.

Hi!

In a Fuse app, if you don't have added any specific accessibility features manually, is the iOS/Android system able to activate some accessibility features automatically like VoiceOver/TalkBack? Does iOS/Android detect buttons etc automatically?

With graphics (opengl-based) rendered components, accessibility-features are currently not out of the box.

Is it possible to add all accessibility APIs available by iOS/Android with Uno/Foreign code?

Yes, you can access all native APIs from foreign code.

Do I have to use the NativeViewHost for accessibility to work, or does the OpenGl Graphic renderer work also?

Yes, you probably have to use NativeViewHost, depending on what particular features you need to access