1. Does Video.Volume work and 2. Is there a audio "Mix" option?

2 questions:

1. Does Video.Volume work? I’ve tried setting it to various values from 0.0-1.0, but so far it does not seem to change the playback volume.

2. Is there an option to “Mix” the audio so that if, for example, the music player is playing a song, both audio for the song and the audio for the video can be heard?

1. Setting Volume on Video works on all platforms except OSX, we have a ticket for that though.

2. That depends on what you use to play audio. Using the native APIs wont stop other media playback unless you tell it to.

Thanks Vegard!

1. Ahh, makes sense.

2. Sorry I wasn’t clearer. I was referring to Fuse’s class/tag/primitive (in the Docs here: https://www.fusetools.com/docs/fuse/controls/video).

So, the question should have been: Does have a property which can be set to allow audio to mix rather than be excludive? If not, is there a way to add the capability?

I am afraid that’s not possible from user code. This must be added in our video implementation and in the abstraction layer.

I will add a feature request for this, seems to me like a pretty common usecase. Thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile:

Looking forward to Volumecon MacOS.