Windows 10 preview works but components don't display

Display adapter is Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset, Windows 10 is 10.0.15063.0 with latest updates, monitor is an HP 2509 Series Wide at max resolution. Latest FUSE release. Fuse installs and the preview works after saving/compiling with Sublime with the Fuse addons. However the preview displays none of the components added … no text, no input, no video, etc. This does work on the same box in Windows 7. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I don’t understand exactly what you means by “the preview works” but that none of the components added are displayed?

If you start preview of an app, is the preview completely blank? Or does it show the components, just that any components you add after you’ve started preview don’t show up?

Sorry it was not clear. The preview opens to a white screen if components are added before opening the preview. If components are added after the preview is opened the screen remains blank. No errors are reported in the problem tab. The very same code works with Windows 7. I’ve done 10+ Fuse tutorials and they all worked in Windows 7 but all had a blank white screen in Windows 10. All Windows 10 updates and drivers are current.

Can you see if you have the same problem in uno build -r -tdotnet? This does an export that omits the preview and tool code.

Some other things you could try:

• If you have logged into the tool, try to log out and in again
  • Do uno clean

First test command compiles and results in “OpenGL 2.0 is required to run this application”. That doesn’t happen with Windows 7 on the same computer.

Uno clean runs and completes.

Can you please make sure you have the latest Open GL drivers for your graphics card?

If that doesn’t help, please include the full output of uno build -r -tdotnet.

Windows 10 updates tell me we have the latest drivers installed.

Here is the output:

Uno 1.0.11 (build 5362) Windows 10 x64 7cd79e2

Configuring
Target is up-to-date – stopping build (pass --force to override)

Build completed in 0.28 seconds

GL_VERSION: 1.1.0
GL_VENDOR: Microsoft Corporation
GL_RENDERER: GDI Generic

Can you please let me know the model of your graphics card / GPU?

Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset(Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

Intel Core 2 Quad CPI Q8400 @ 2.66GHz

HP 2509 Series Wide LCD Monitor

It looks like Intel stopped shipping OpenGL drivers for that GPU after Windows 7. https://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-19647

Unfortunately Fuse needs OpenGL to be able to run.

If you can’t get OpenGL drivers for your GPU, your options are to downgrade to Windows 7, run preview on device only, or to get a newer GPU.

We appreciate all your attention and efforts. It looks like Fuse will not be a viable solution then in an enterprise that will be upgrading to Windows 10. Not all companies can afford an upgrade to Windows 10 and an upgrade of display hardware.

We are definitely sorry that we’re unable to support these platforms with Fuse, but considering that the hardware is 9 years old and that Intel themselves are not producing Windows 10-drivers for it, there is simply nothing we can do about it.

The UI engine in Fuse is based on OpenGL ES 2.0 when running on Android and iOS, and in order to render the same graphics on desktop the computer must be able to offer the same level of features as the mobile devices.

It seems that on this specific hardware the only options are:

• Stay on (or dual-boot to) Windows 7 in order to use local preview.
  • or Run the tool under Windows 10 but do all your previewing on real mobile devices.

We understand the limitations of the old hardware and appreciate your response. FUSE is good enough that it merits upgrading some hardware by buying new computers.

I have the same issue on windows 10… After build, with no errors, but the preview keeps in white screen…
The log result is this:
Uno 1.0.13 (build 5446) Windows 10 x64 e8dadcb
Configuring (6.8 s) Compiling syntax tree (5.7 s) Generating code and data (22.7 s) Build completed in 35.30 seconds —
GL_VERSION: 2.1.2
GL_VENDOR: NVIDIA Corporation
GL_RENDERER: GeForce 6100 nForce 405/integrated/SSE2
some suggestion?

Hey.

Run this command in terminal uno build -r -tdotnet and post full output.

I already did that, however the output is the next:

Uno 1.8.0 (build 6680) Windows 10 x64 6c6e84c

Copyright © 2015-2018 Fusetools

Configuring 13.85 s

Compiling syntax tree 6.82 s

Generating code and data 41.71 s

Build completed in 63.05 seconds

/****************************************/

As I see there are no error
My computer has a Geforce 6100 / nforce 405 with the last driver installed

3 Gb of RAM

Athlon X2 64 bit processor

Before hand thankyou

I see that you are using Windows 10 with GeForce 6100. In this topic you can read, that this GPU has some compatibility issues with Windows 10. I suggest trying to install different drivers.

Before anything thank you, I have already the last nVidia driver for my graphic card, but still with the same problem, I guess my best option is preview on a mobile device through the fusetools app…

Again thank you… :slight_smile: