The process cannot access the file 'main.ux' because it is being used by another process.

Hey guys,

I have a problem with the new Fuse Version as described below :

Fuse version 0.37.0 (build 12978).

Operating system version: Windows 10.

Which exact steps are needed to reproduce the issue ?

1. Open a project in fuse.
  2. Begin Fuse preview -> Android.
  3. Edit any view in the Editor (Sublime)
  4. E:\mobile-app\pages\main.ux: The process cannot access the file 'E:\mobile-app\pages\main.ux' because it is being used by another process.

Here is a screenshot for the problem

i think the problem occurred because the file is opened by two apps :

1. SublimeText.
    2- Fuse Preview.

Best,

Ahmad

Hi, thanks for the bug report.

I’m currently trying to reproduce this issue, but haven’t been able to yet. I have some followup questions here, and appreciate any answers you can give me.

• Is the problem still prevalent with the latest prerelease at https://www.fusetools.com/downloads/channel/qa ?
  • Is this a consistent problem, or does it only occur some times?
  • What version of Sublime do you have, and do you have any packages installed?
  • Do the same problem occur with another, simple app, with for example one .ux file containing just a single <App /> element?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, really its harmful problem and let me stop the development.

1. Yes, the problem still occur with the pre-release version. Fuse 0.38.0 (build 13228)

2. It’s consistent problem.

3. I have SublimeText 3 3126 without any additional packages.

4. All my Uno projects have the same problem when i previewing the app on the fuse emulator and editing using SublimeText; When i clicked Ctrl+S and swtich back to preview windows i see the log adding the newline each time i click Ctrl+S

E:\mobile-app\pages\PrayingTimes.ux: The process cannot access the file ‘E:\mobile-app\pages\PrayingTimes.ux’ because it is being used by another process.

Thanks for quick reply.

One followup question: What kind of media and filesystem do you have on E:, or is that a network drive?

It’s my duty,
E:\ is local drive

file

Hi All,

Is there any progress with that problem ? it’s stopping me and killing my business !

I think that the “Sublime Plugin” locks the files not watching for the changes in the files.

In c#, we may add flag FileShare.ReadWrite see this reference https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.fileshare(v=vs.110).aspx

I used the Atom Editor and it works fine now

Best,
Ahmad

Yup, this bug is so annoying. Have to kill fuse app and restart again and again. Hope to see quick patch pretty soon.

Thanks for the replies :slight_smile:

I’m sorry for the delay here, 17. may (yesterday) is a national holiday in Norway, but we’re back now.

We are still working on finding a fix for this problem. Would it be possible for you to run the “System Information” utility and use export, and send the resulting file to us?

file

If this is a serious blocker I would recommend downgrading to Fuse 0.36.1 until the problem is resolved.

Welcome back,

here is my system info file, please

about the downgrade, i did the downgrade but it auto updated !

As i mentioned above, Atom Editor doesn’t produce the problem !

We don’t have an auto-update feature in Fuse, but that might not be what you mean?

I have been able to reproduce the problem, and have what I believe could be a fix pending review. I hope to get that merged soon. :slight_smile:

We have just released a new qa build with a fix that I’m hopeful will fix the problem:

https://www.fusetools.com/downloads/channel/qa

We would appreciate feedback about whether the fix works for you or not. :slight_smile:

WoW !

Well Done, i have been testing the new version for 6 hours without any problems.

Good Job

I have the same problem with the new fuse release 1.8.1. Help Please

Hey Erhun,

It is hard to tell without seeing your errors. You could post an error message.