supportv4.jar was not found

Hello again!

After plenty of help regarding the failing android preview mentioned in this post:

https://www.fusetools.com/community/forums/bug_reports/android_preview_fails

I now experience another problem with the android preview…

When trying to preview the “AttractorMinimal” example, I get the following error:

ERROR: supportv4.jar was not found. Please run ‘fuse install android’ in your shell and then restart your build

I tried to run ‘fuse install android’ again, which gave the same result.

I’m using Fuse 0.12.1.6296 on Win10

Hi Mia,

fuse install android should of course have installed supportv4, so that’s strange. However do you use a manually installed Android SDK? And if that’s the case, could you try to find a folder called v4 located here at [AndroidSDK]/extras/android/support

A workaround is to manually install Android Support Library by running uno android, and make sure Extras->Android Support Library is selected before clicking Install Package(s).

I’m having this exact issue. Pops up when I try to preview on my s6 Edge+ and when I try to export to .apk. I’ve tried the above, every reinstalled fuse. Still not working. Using v0.12.2, Win10.

Hi,

Could you take a screenshot of the Android SDK Manager, with the show installed packages filter ticked, as following. (Run uno android to open the Android SDK Manager)

Absolutely good sir. I’ve even included the error (and two other screen shots). Also, when it states the supportv4.jar not found, I checked that following directory and it is located there. Unsure if that will assist at all.

When attempting to build .apk:

And for good measure, the error when trying to preview on my droid:

Hi,

We think we have determined the cause of the issue. This is a space in path bug from our side. There will be a hotfix release, released in the near future. However in the meanwhile, here is a workaround:

1. Locate %programdata%\Uno\Packages\UnoCore\[VersionNumber]\Targets\Android\build.bat
  2. Replace line 13: if exist "%SUPPORT_JAR%" ( -> if exist %SUPPORT_JAR% ( in build.bat
  3. Run uno clean in your project directory

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

I’m happy you all found the cause and I look forward to that fix. I’ll give the workaround a try when I get home this evening.

Thank you for looking into this as quickly as you all have.

A fix for this issue is included in Fuse 0.12.3, which is now available on the QA channel. It is scheduled for official release tomorrow.

https://www.fusetools.com/downloads/channel/qa

Thank you for that information. The workaround worked perfectly…was able to finish my app and actually submitted to you guys. :slight_smile: Thank you again! :slight_smile:

Cool, I’m glad to hear that! :slight_smile:

Just an update, Fuse 0.12.3 is now officially released: https://www.fusetools.com/downloads

Sorry for my absence in this thread, I haven’t been able to test Fuse the past weeks. I just want to let you know that everything works smoothly after installing 0.12.3 :slight_smile: Thanks for your effort and help!

That’s great to hear! And thanks for taking the trouble to update us on the issue even if it’s fixed. :slight_smile:

Hi @Anders,

Same issue here not working in mac, could please let me know what i should do here?

I’m using fuse version 0.31.0

Following is the error I’m getting
Fuse 0.31.0 (build 8955) Build started: FullCompile Configuring (0.8 s) Compiling syntax tree (2.7 s) Generating code and dataFontconfig error: Cannot load default config file (7.9 s) Building Android app 1/2: libFuseCloud.so 2/2: FuseCloud.apk ERROR: supportv4.jar was not found. Please run 'fuse install android' in your shell and then restart your build ERROR: expected jar at /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Android/sdk/extras/android/support/v4/android-support-v4.jar \## 1/2: libFuseCloud.so \## 2/2: FuseCloud.apk ERROR: supportv4.jar was not found. Please run 'fuse install android' in your shell and then restart your build ERROR: expected jar at /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Android/sdk/extras/android/support/v4/android-support-v4.jar (unknown): E0200: Android build failed ?: Error E0200: Android build failed (0.2 s)
Thanks,
Unnikrishnan B.

What happens when you do fuse install android as mentioned in the error message?

Hi Remi,

Thank for the quick reply! following is the message I’m getting when I do fuse install android

unnikrishnan.b$ fuse install android Fuse 0.31.0 (build 8955) \# Starting JDK installer Verifies that Java Development Kit is installed and valid. Checking if JDK is corrupt Java Development Kit was found here '/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_111.jdk' \# Done installing JDK \# Starting AndroidSDK installer Verifies that Android SDK is installed and valid. Checking if /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Android/sdk exists. /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Android/sdk was found. Checking if /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Android/sdk/tools exists. /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Android/sdk/tools was found. Checking if Android SDK is corrupt. Android SDK was found here '/Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Android/sdk' \# Done installing AndroidSDK \# Starting AndroidSDKPackages installer Verifies that Android SDK Packages is installed and valid. Checking if all required Android components are installed. Android SDK Packages was found here '/Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Android/sdk' \# Done installing AndroidSDKPackages \# Starting AndroidNDK installer Verifies that Android NDK is installed and valid. Checking if /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Application Support/Fusetools/Fuse/Android/AndroidNDK/toolchains exists. /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Application Support/Fusetools/Fuse/Android/AndroidNDK/toolchains was found. Checking if /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Application Support/Fusetools/Fuse/Android/AndroidNDK/prebuilt exists. /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Application Support/Fusetools/Fuse/Android/AndroidNDK/prebuilt was found. Android NDK was found here '/Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Application Support/Fusetools/Fuse/Android/AndroidNDK' \# Done installing AndroidNDK \# Starting Ant installer Verifies that Ant is installed and valid. Checking if /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Application Support/Fusetools/Fuse/Android/Ant exists. /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Application Support/Fusetools/Fuse/Android/Ant was found. Checking if Ant is corrupt Ant was found here '/Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Application Support/Fusetools/Fuse/Android/Ant' \# Done installing Ant

Thanks
Unnikrishnan B.

And what happens now when you try to restart your build?

Hi Bent,

Same error,

Fuse 0.31.0 (build 8955) Build started: FullCompile Configuring (0.8 s) Compiling syntax tree (2.8 s) Generating code and dataFontconfig error: Cannot load default config file (8.2 s) Building Android app 1/2: libFuseCloud.so 2/2: FuseCloud.apk ERROR: supportv4.jar was not found. Please run 'fuse install android' in your shell and then restart your build ERROR: expected jar at /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Android/sdk/extras/android/support/v4/android-support-v4.jar \## 1/2: libFuseCloud.so
\## 2/2: FuseCloud.apk ERROR: supportv4.jar was not found. Please run 'fuse install android' in your shell and then restart your build ERROR: expected jar at /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Android/sdk/extras/android/support/v4/android-support-v4.jar (unknown): E0200: Android build failed ?: Error E0200: Android build failed (0.2 s)
Build completed in 12.10 seconds 1 error Checking if JDK is corrupt jdk was found. Checking if /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Android/sdk exists. /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Android/sdk was found. Checking if /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Android/sdk/tools exists. /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Android/sdk/tools was found. Checking if Android SDK is corrupt. androidsdk was found. Checking if all required Android components are installed. androidsdkpackages was found. Checking if /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Application Support/Fusetools/Fuse/Android/AndroidNDK/toolchains exists. /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Application Support/Fusetools/Fuse/Android/AndroidNDK/toolchains was found. Checking if /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Application Support/Fusetools/Fuse/Android/AndroidNDK/prebuilt exists. /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Application Support/Fusetools/Fuse/Android/AndroidNDK/prebuilt was found. androidndk was found. Checking if /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Application Support/Fusetools/Fuse/Android/Ant exists. /Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Application Support/Fusetools/Fuse/Android/Ant was found. Checking if Ant is corrupt ant was found. Build ended fuse: Failed to compile project

Hi,

Also android support library is showing as installed Android SDK Manager but there is no

/Users/unnikrishnan.b/Library/Android/sdk/extras/android/support folder in my system

Should I reinstall the SDK?

Thanks,

Unnikrishnan B.

It’s weird that you are missing that folder since the fuse install android command explicitly tries to locate that folder, and should have failed. Anyways, you should try to reinstall the sdk, by deleting the folder, and then install it again by running fuse install android.