Setting breakpoint causes Xcode to hang

Setting breakpoints causes Xcode to hang; fuse-example-ios-foreign-code-basics was compiled with optimization - stepping may behave oddly; variables may not be available.

• Fuse version 0.23.0 (build 7041).
  • OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

Steps:

1. Download foreign code example: https://github.com/yupferris/fuse-example-ios-foreign-code-basics
  2. Do a Fuse preview
  3. When XCode opens, edit _root.SystemSounds.mm and scroll all the way to the bottom
  4. Place a breakpoint on line 105 or 106 to break near “AudioServicesPlaySystemSound(1310);” (see Code below)
  5. Run the app from Xcode
  6. Click the “Press me!” button in the app.

XCode stops with:

• A spinner in the left-hand “View Variables” area. The spinner never stops.
  • The following in the righ-hand console-output area: “fuse-example-ios-foreign-code-basics was compiled with optimization - stepping may behave oddly; variables may not be available.”

At this point Xcode is hung. Tried a few things, but always had to force-quit Xcode and restart. Tried monkeying with some setting (e.g. changing Build Configuration to “Debug”), but so far no succcess.

Code

// private static extern void PlayNotification() [static] :25
void SystemSounds::PlayNotification()
{
    uStackFrame __("SystemSounds", "PlayNotification()");
    @autoreleasepool
    {                                         // <-- Break here
        AudioServicesPlaySystemSound(1310);   // <-- or here
    }

}

Hey!

Thanks for your report.

I can’t reproduce the problem on my machine. Either way, this sounds like a problem with Xcode, so there’s not much we can do about it unfortunately. Maybe it’s the specific version of Xcode that you’re using that has this problem?

Cheers, Olle