Studio crashing whenever I make a menu selection

Fuse version 1.1.0 (build 13808)
macOS Sierra 10.12.5

If I make any menu selection the app crashes.

I am getting these two log entries:

Fuse[16761]: objc[16761]: Class VCWeakObjectHolder is implemented in both /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AVConference.framework/Frameworks/ViceroyTrace.framework/Versions/A/ViceroyTrace (0xa64d4090) and /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AVConference.framework/Versions/A/AVConference (0xa64eaea4). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.fusetools.Fuse.25132[16761]): Service exited with abnormal code: 255

Thanks for reporting! This is a known issue that is currently being investigated. You will get an update here when there’s some news.

Thanks for the info!

Is there any update on this? Still crashing with Studio 1.2.1

Not yet, no. But could you please send us your logs? That information could help us pinpoint the cause of the crash.

macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)

system.log:
com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.fusetools.Fuse.4584[45422]): Service exited with abnormal code: 255

This appears to be the only relevant entry and is the same as before.

Hi

Could you send a complete log file here?

earlier log entries might give away the state that caused this to happen

Done!

Thanks! Could you please also zip up and send us the Fuse logs from ~/.fuse/logs? Preferably right after experiencing the issue.

Done!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi…

I’ve now prepared a custom build that might provide some extra information about this crash. It can be found along with instructions here (just ignore the “This is an older version of Fuse” warning).

We’d appreciate anyone experiencing this problem trying this version out and sending us their logs afterwards.

EDIT: Unfortunately it turns out this custom version did not log what it was supposed to, so there’s little point in trying custom build all.

Hi Sebastian, here’s an update…

The forum user Raju has now been very helpful in figuring out a solution to (what looks like) the same or similar problem. It turns out the custom window manager Moom is not compatible with Fuse, and this is likely to be the case with various similar software.

I can’t say for sure that this is the same bugs as the one you’re experiencing, but if you have any software like that installed you could try disabling that and see if that fixes the crashes.

See this thread for more details.

I hope this fixes your problem, and I’d appreciate any feedback. :slight_smile:

I can confirm that Moom was the issue in my case too! Please send Raju a ninja outfit! :slight_smile: