RTL Language Support

How to write using Right to Left languages and display it correctly? I’m getting rectangles instead of real text when writing in Arabic.

Thanks

Hey there!

Currently, this is one of the features we don’t yet support fully. I believe this will work properly on the device, however; at least to some degree. Of course this is one of the things we’re working on hardest to implement at the moment, so stay tuned :slight_smile:

Looking forward to this feature.

Thanks

As long as you preview on devices, RTL works fine. :slight_smile: It’s just the desktop simulator that fails at rendering these languages/fonts.

I’ve included custom Arabic font to project and it has rendered it but the characters are seperated.

RTL font is shown correctly but in TextBox when the focus is lost the text disappears!
I mean you see the text only when textbox is in focus!

This happens when TextAlignment=“Right”, and when TextAlignment attribute is not presented the text shows somehow packed and unreadable but doesn’t disappear on losing focus.

@reza.rahnama.jobs@gmail.com do you have a font and a short snippet of text I can test with? :slight_smile:

Vegard Strand Lende wrote:

@reza.rahnama.jobs@gmail.com do you have a font and a short snippet of text I can test with? :slight_smile:

Hello
Sure Here is the link to font:
http://fontyab.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/B_Yekan.zip

and here is a snippet:

بنی آدم اعضای یکدیگرند که در آفرینش زیک گوهرند، چو عضوی به درد آورد روزگار، دگر عضوها را نماند قرار

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

I think the topic must be transferred to bug reports section

Rightfully so, moved to the correct section.