OSX: Install of sublime-text plugin doesn't work.

On MacOSX 10.10.3

When trying to enter `fuse install sublime-plugin``

I get:

# Starting sublime-plugin installer
Looks like Sublime Text 3 is not installed or have never been started before. Please do that first.
fuse: Failed to install sublime-plugin

Although Sublime Text 3 (3083) is installed, registered, and working (has indeed been launched).

I’ve even tried to clean install it (removing all caches, library preferences, application support files, …) doesnt solve the problem.

Ok this is interesting… We are currently using the location of the sublime package dir to validate if sublime is available. In every case we’ve seen, this has been ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3

Can you verify that this directory exists on your machine, or if not, would you mind telling us where it’s been displaced so we can update our search?

I have that directory but still can’t install the sublime plugin

MacBook-Pro:Sublime Text 3 james$ pwd
/Users/james/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3
MacBook-Pro:Sublime Text 3 james$ fuse install sublime-plugin
# Starting sublime-plugin installer
Looks like Sublime Text 3 is not installed or have never been started before. Please do that first.
fuse: Failed to install sublime-plugin

I confirm that I do have that directory too :slight_smile:

~/L/A/Sublime Text 3 ❯❯❯ pwd
/Users/x/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3
~/L/A/Sublime Text 3 ❯❯❯ ls
Cache       Installed Packages         Local              Packages

PS: I also meanwhile upgraded to OSX 10.10.5

“Exciting” stuff!

Thanks for checking, guys, and sorry for the inconvenience. I found the problem and it will be fixed in the next release.

In the meantime, here’s the corrected install script so you can at least get the plugin going. Unarchive somewhere and double click it to kick it off. Tested locally on OSX 10.10.5.

Edit: The download link here contains fixes described in the remainder of this thread.

Thanks, it doesnt work but at least i can now debug

Line 12 lacks a space:

elif [ -f "$SUBLIME_PACKAGE_DIR"]; then

should be

elif [ -f "$SUBLIME_PACKAGE_DIR" ]; then

it still prints: Looks like Sublime Text 3 is not installed or have never been started before. Please do that first.thought.

I’ll dig deeper.

Hah, that’s embarassing! I’ll happily admit I’m no scripting expert :slight_smile: So many pitfalls…

So on my end, I renamed Installed Packages and ran the script, and it gave me the Looks Like error. Naming it back to Installed Packages the script ran as intended.

Good to have your eyes on this, really appreciate your time.

No problem, by the way, i think the -f is only checking for files and it’s a directory we’re looking for, shouldn’t it be a -d instead?

Yep, it definitely worked with the -d to check for directory instead of files :slight_smile:

so after downloading the script, have to change the line 12 to:

elif [ -d "$SUBLIME_PACKAGE_DIR" ]; then

and it installed fine here!

thanks for the cool script

Woop! Thanks a bunch for the help :slight_smile: I’ve updated the download with the fix.