iOS Preview App - Using Geolocation prevents app preview

Fuse 1.5.0 -
iOS

Steps

1. Preview app on Mac OS

2. Scan QR code

3. iOS Preview displays:

Error:
‘Fuse.GeoLocation.GeoLocation’ was not found.

It is currently expected that Geolocation, Push notifications and local notifications won’t work. (We’ll get an update out for the docs on that).

EDIT: this applies only when using the Fuse Preview mobile application. Local custom builds still work perfectly fine, they have no package restrictions.

Yeah, I understand that but perhaps the app shouldn’t throw an error but return default values, so that we can continue to preview the app?

It absolutely should do [something like] that. We will keep working on improving the preview app, and try to work around the technical reasons on why it’s currently behaving like it is.

Keep your eyes on the change log!

Ok thanks Uldis, will do!

Hello Everyone just a quick question… how long will it take you to bring GeoLocation back on track? It’s a main part of my app and I can’t work without it.

Hi TestX, you can continue using GeoLocation in your projects, it is 100% functional in regular preview and build. What this post reports is the new stand-alone preview app.

My problem is im working with the Map AND the GeoLocation… so it won’t help me that much because there’s always a missing part. But Thanks for the advice! I could try to get the parts separated and test them without each other.

But back to my question: How long will it take to fix the GeoLocation on iOS (an estimate would be enough) ?

Running your project with fuse preview . -tios -adebug will open Xcode and then you can use Map and GeoLocation in a device.

Answering your question… GeoLocation is not broken at least in build 15046. I’m using Map and Geolocation in a single iOS app and it works fine.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

I really appreciate your fast answers, I really hoped that would help, but unfortunately it doesn’t work. I’m getting the same error as on my iPhone itself. Apparently it’s because the Fuse Team deactivated GeoLocation for all iOS devices, what means no ios-emulator will help. The last possible solution would be using the android emulator! I won’t try that for now. Maybe tomorrow :wink: I’ll post the news here!

Not sure what you mean by “the Fuse team deactivated GeoLocation” – we’ve done no such thing. :slight_smile: Have you gone through the necessary steps to use GeoLocation in your project? Fuse

You need to add a reference to “Fuse.GeoLocation” in your project file to use this feature.

Uldis wrote:

It is currently expected that Geolocation, Push notifications and local notifications won’t work. (We’ll get an update out for the docs on that).

Did I misunderstand that?
As far as I know (and I looked at the docs many times ^^) I did everything correct.

Here is the “unoproj”-file

{
  "RootNamespace":"",
  "Packages": [
    "Fuse.GeoLocation",
    "Fuse.Maps",
	  "Fuse",
	  "FuseJS"
  ],
  "Includes": [
    "*"
  ]
}

You’ll have to provide some details on what happens/fails, as it’s not very easy to help debug something based solely on “it doesn’t work”, sorry. :slight_smile: Here’s a handy guide:

When posting a bug report, please create a separate thread for each issue and include the following:

• Fuse version (check the tray icon, or fuse --version)
  • Operating system version (Windows or macOS)
  • Which exact steps are needed to reproduce the issue
  • When posting code, sure it is both minimal and complete
  • If the issue is with a plugin or other tool, the version of that plugin/tool
  • If the problem is with your app, whether the problem manifests in preview/export, and for which > target(s)

Your unoproj looks fine, just a missing API key in case you want to test on Android. Following the docs should work well, just remember to uno clean your project after modify the unoproj.

In the slack community there is a channel #need-help so we can speed up the help :slight_smile:

Edit:
As Bent said, a minimal reproduction will be great.

@testX: my reply you quoted covers explicitly the Fuse Preview mobile app. Local custom builds have no package restrictions. I now edited my original post to include this note:

EDIT: this applies only when using the Fuse Preview mobile application. Local custom builds still work perfectly fine, they have no package restrictions.

Sorry for posting that late. Thank you @Uldis. @jesusmartinoza helped me out in slack. I now know how to work around this.