Fuse UIExplorer

Fuse is pretty kickass and loving it!

Would be neat to have a UIExplorer Example App, one similar to what React Native has. A UIExplorer would be very helpful in learning and understanding Fuse faster and better. The React Native one use to help me out a lot, that is before I migrated to fuse. :smiley:

I’m not skilled enough to create one myself, so if anyone in this community or Fuse team could do so (shoutout to @Jake !) … it would be a great, even essential addition to the examples page!

I think it’ll be more helpful than the documentations and shorter learning curve as to tutorials. One of my suggestions.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

Hey Elizabeth,

Something similar to the React Native UIExplorer app is indeed being planned, like a kitchen sink demo of many built-in components. :slight_smile:

The way components are themed and used in Fuse is currently being updated and in the next few weeks you should expect to see some really exciting news on that front, so any effort to make a consolidated view for these types of components won’t happen until after that, at the earliest.

Hey Bent,

Thanks for the reply.

Very excited for the upcoming update and nice to know you guys have something similar planned!!

Anyhow, this sentence kind of scares me:

The way components are themed and used in Fuse is currently being updated and in the next few weeks you should expect to see some really exciting news on that front, so any effort to make a consolidated view for these types of components won’t happen until after that, at the earliest.

Is this a big change to how we write and structure Fuse apps? Since currently I am using Fuse to create 2 of my production apps for launching and I’m afriad that the upcoming change would result in me re-writing all the code. Is this something I should be worried about and should I slow down on my app production, waiting until the update? Would not perfer to but would like to hear suggestions.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

The changes are mostly changes to best practices. Your existing code will more or less work as before, but you might be tempted to do some rewrites to benefit from new features.

For the small things that change, we will write very thorough migration guides.

So all in all, you don’t need to worry :slight_smile:

Hey Anders,

Thanks for the reply.

You are right, knowing me, I would probably be tempted to rewrite a lot to follow the best practice changes and add new features. I’m one with an addiction to best practices.

Anyhow, excited to see the release!

Thanks,

Elizabeth