Fuse command line tool can not will not build for Android

Hello. I am having a dreadful problem that produces great frustration. I have followed the instructions at https://www.fusetools.com/learn/guides/preview-and-export-android but to no avail. Dear reader, could you read this log and inform my of my misdeeds that brought this gloom upon me?

➜  bother git:(master) ✗ fuse build --target=Android
Uno 0.19.6-OSX (build 816)

Configuring
(5,699.22 ms)

Parsing source code
(6,910.19 ms)

Compiling syntax tree
(22,940.35 ms)

Generating code and data
(45,206.94 ms)

Building native target
1/2: libBother.so
2/2: Bother-debug.apk
(7,313.25 ms)

Build completed in 88.12 seconds.
    0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Error Summary
-------------

(unknown): E0000: Native build failed

BUILD FAILED
/usr/local/opt/android-sdk/tools/ant/build.xml:597: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/usr/local/opt/android-sdk/tools/ant/build.xml:649: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/usr/local/opt/android-sdk/tools/ant/build.xml:694: null returned: 1

Total time: 2 seconds
(unknown): E0000: Native build failed
FATAL ERROR: Build failed.
fuse: Errors were encountered while building the project
➜  bother git:(master) ✗

For what sin am I punished? Thanks.

What a terrible problem indeed! Being the ones who have brought this situation upon you, we hardly feel in a position to ask more of you. Yet, I fear, only together shall we be able to slay this beast!

So lend me your terminal, and cast these spells with me:

fuse build -v --target=Android This innocent-looking -v might persuade the guilty to confess to his sins.

uno clean This powefull ally will rid our dominion of any conspirators and corrupted files.

Finally, there are rumours that even a tiny crack can bring down the walls of our castle. Please verify that there are no spaces in your path. In a future version, our fortifications will be more robust, and invulnerable to such puny threats.

A verbose build has brought forth what seems to be a clue!

[aapt] /Users/clyde/repos/bother/build/Libs/google-play-services_lib/res/values-v21/appinvite_styles.xml:5: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/Theme.Material.Light.DialogWhenLarge.NoActionBar'.

Is this a sure pointer to the fiend itself?

Yes, that scoundral crept in over the christmas holiday and has been causing greif to anyone who wants to use anything involving google play libraries. However we are on it and will have a fix out soon.

For compatibility reasons we have been setting our target at sdk19, which has been fine, however the latest update from google caused it to freak out on anything less that skd21. The release we are working on internally will solve this, we also have more plans regarding handling versions so we can avoid this in the future.

Thanks for reporting this and for your patience.

My thanks to you both, Chris and Anders. I look forward to the coming release.

We aim to get that out early next week, and will update this thread as soon as it is out.

This issue is fixed in 0.9.6 which was just released. Get it now at https://www.fusetools.com/downloads/!

You might have to run fuse install android again before this will work.