Fatal Crash Error - Preview

Having huge issues right now with Fuse… I keep receiving a fatal crash report everytime I try to preview, locally and on iOS. I emailed in the results but I’m not sure if you guys reply quicker on here or via email.

Long story short, the error message I receive is this:

file

Any help would be awesome! Thanks!

Hi Jake, we’ve received the full crash log and raised an issue on this. Hopefully we can work it out quickly. :slight_smile:

Another thing: does this happen for all projects (even the most basic templates under “New project”) or just for this specific one?

I haven’t tried it with another project yet… but it’s happened every single time I’ve tried to run the preview. I was actually in the middle of development and it just kind of happened. I think it had something to do with a system update because Xcode updated and then it stopped working :/.

Does that help at all?

Wow! It was just that project… I started a new Fuse project, opened it in Sublime, and put in some text and a button and wala! It worked!

Maybe my app is calling too many resources in a single UX document? I was waiting to hear back from Jake about setting the active page from another ux document so I’ve been containing all the information for my app in Mainview.UX. It’s about 6 pages and a ton of images, animations, etc. Could that be the issue?

The Lord is good! I fixed the issue! I zipped the file and moved it over to my PC to see if that Fuse build would work and when I ran the local preview there, it gave me a better breakdown of the issue: It said I had a PNG error. Well luckily I remembered the last PNG I uploaded so I removed the call to it in my app.ux and removed the png from my assets and it worked! Hope that helps someone in the future!

Great that it worked out! Very likely a problem with the image loader not handling malformed files. Will fix it so that deal with that in a slightly more elegant way. :slight_smile: