Export App to Android Store

Hey everyone :slight_smile: I’ve got a few questions about the process of exporting an App to the Google Playstore. I’ve found in the Docs of Fuse this page: https://www.fusetools.com/docs/preview-and-export/signing which helps me and confuses me at the same time.

First of all: should I add these lines:

{
	"Android": {
		"Key": {
			"Alias": "application",
			"AliasPassword": "Android",
			"Store": "release.keystore",
			"StorePassword": "Android"
		}
	}
}

to my uno project file? So that it looks like this:

{
  "RootNamespace":"",
  "Packages": [
  	"Fuse",
  	"FuseJS"
  ],
  "Includes": [
    "*",
    "**.js:Bundle"
  ]
},
{
	"Android": {
		"Key": {
			"Alias": "application",
			"AliasPassword": "Android",
			"Store": "release.keystore",
			"StorePassword": "Android"
		}
	}
}

And should I change the values of “Alias”, “AliasPassword” and so on to stuff I come up with?

For the part of generating the release.keystore file: After running the command in the shell it asks me first for a keystore password. Should I come up with some stuff here as well or is that somewhere to be found? Just made myself a developer account at Google yesterday so I’m super new to all this stuff.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Hey Falco!

Yes, you should add it to the project, and it should go together with the other elements like this:

{
  "Includes": ...,
  "Android": ...
}

As far as I understand it the keys that you put in the unoproj should match what you use when running the key generation commnand, but you choose the keys yourself. (Someone else who’s gone through the process before may be able to give some more info though.)

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the fast reply Olle. Will try that and if everything works well I’ll keep this thread updated so others can maybe find some use in it :slight_smile: