Signing Android apps

I haven’t been able to find any description of how to add the key for signing android apps in fuse. I’ve been able to make out that it has something to do with:

"Android": {

"Key": {
    }
}

in the project file, but I haven’t been able to figure out what I should put in there.
It would be really useful to have information about this in the guide about exporting for Android! :slight_smile:

Hi,

A project set up for signing look like this:

"Android": {
    "Package": "com.morten.SGTest",
    "VersionCode": 100,
    "VersionName": "1.0.0",
    "Key": {
      "Alias": "application",
      "AliasPassword": "android",
      "Store": "release.keystore",
      "StorePassword": "android"
    }
  },

A file named release.keystore is expected to be found in the same folder as your unoproj. This file can be created using the command:

keytool -genkey -v -keystore release.keystore \
    -alias application -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

Note that only release builds are signed using your specified key. (Debug builds are automatically signed using a debug key)

Also, that validity you shoud consider setting up really high, since you only can update seamlessly apps, which has the same keysign. This setup by @morten is for 27.something years, which should be enough, but if you are planning on releasing the app to google stores, you must set it valid at least until 22 October 2033. You can read more on signing android apps here, where it is covered more broader, also maybe you can find something interesting there.

http://developer.android.com/tools/publishing/app-signing.html

Fantastic, I just wasn’t sure what the variables under Key was named.