Background App (iOS)

Hi, I´m working on a Location Logger App but its not working on background.

For testing I wrote a JS setInterval that console.log, work ok upfront, but when I click home button stops loggin.

I have my uno settings with this extra values:

"Mobile": { "RunsInBackground": true }, "iOS": { "PList": { "UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend": false, "UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities": [ "gps" ], "UIBackgroundModes": [ "location" ] }

Like a JavaScript background process to log latlng

Hope anyone can help me,thanks.

Hi there,

Sorry to say the geolocation api currently does not support background execution.

We are working on a generalized, cross-platform mechanism for handling background services and we will be using that to add this feature as soon as we can.

Thanks for raising the issue and we will get back to you when we have some news.

Regards

Hi Chris is there any progress in this topic?

thanks!!!

ramirors@gmail.com wrote:

thanks!!!

+1

ramirors@gmail.com wrote:

thanks!!!

+1 here (just want to know the current status on this)

+1

Current status is that it is still on the list, though much nearer the top than it was. We have had a tonne of work on surrounding infrastructure and future goodies for you all.

It’s not forgotten. Thanks for bearing with us :slight_smile:

any roadmap about it ?

Any news??? thanks!

I’ve been doing some work on background audio & geolocation, however the focus right now is on some of the our big roadmap items. Also we have been working on behind the scenes code and build related stuff (which is just as well given this: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-12524 TLDR Google changes broken Unity/Cordova/etc)

I’ll also hijack this topic to remind folks we are hiring so if you fancy helping us get more awesome out the door, come join us!

Thanks again

Just checking in on the background geolocation ability. Had to let a contract job go because I couldn’t do this in Fuse. I know it can be done via Uno / Native Code, abut I don’t have the skills for that, unfortunately.