Android: StatusBarBackground and status bar being opaque

Is there a way to make the status bar transparent on Android, like on iOS? Right now I would like to selectively decide where to add the StatusBarBackground on pages to make it look more appy, but on Android the statusbar always covers my app.

Thanks a bunch!

I’m afraid we dont handle that yet, we are looking into it though. It’s one of the things where the different platforms have different ideas of what you should do and when you should do it. We know there is a good abstraction in there somewhere but we want to nail it, and that means taking some time on it.

Be sure that we will let you know with fanfare when we have it :smiley:

Great, I love fanfare! :smiley:

Any updates on this fella’s.I cannot use the material design look and feel if i cant change the color of status bar on Android.Please fix it soon.

Regards

Any update on this?

If not, is it possible to do this with foreign code?

Afraid not, the issue is that whilst you could add some foreign code, and use uxl to modify the manifest we can’t guarantee how it will work across devices/versions/etc.

We do still have a ticket for this but our small team has been having to focus on the more critical issues (for quite a while it seems :/) Sorry about that.