WebView inside a ScrollView. Scroll problems

Hi I have a WebView inside a ScrollView. But when I try to scroll in the WebView section I can`t scroll. Only scroll in the white zone.

Here is my code… Is any way to solve this and scroll every where?

<App>
    <ClientPanel>
        <DockPanel>
            <ScrollView>
                <StackPanel>
                    <NativeViewHost>
                        <Panel Width="100%" BoxSizing="FillAspect" Aspect="1">
                            <WebView  ux:Name="VideoWebView" Url="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YwSZvHqf9qM?&amp;rel=0&amp;theme=Dark&amp;loop=1&amp;showinfo=0&amp;disablekb=1&amp;autohide=1&quot; />
                        </Panel>
                    </NativeViewHost>
                </StackPanel>
            </ScrollView>
        </DockPanel>
    </ClientPanel>
</App>

Since WebView also is a kind of ScrollView, the WebView and the ScrollView will fight over inputevents.

What was the intended design here? Do you expect both to be scrollable? If so, how would the ScrollView and the WebView interact.

Hi Vegard! I want to show many youtube videos (Iframes) with some text on a ScrollView. Its possible to dissable the scroll of the WebViews? So only the the ScrollView can scroll?

Thanks

So the webview would basically just behave like a still image and its contents would never scroll?

Andreas Rønning wrote:

So the webview would basically just behave like a still image and its contents would never scroll?

Exactly! Its is possible?

Unfortunately not as is, I’ll have to add some stuff to the WebView for this to work. Disabling scrolling is pretty different on iOS and Android. Is this really critical for you or could you use a ux component with an Image and a text label that switches out for a webview with the video on tap? Alternatively you could write custom html for each webview that embeds the youtube player in a layout that fills the view without scrolling? This is the first time we’ve heard of someone wanting to disable webview scrolling so it’s tough to justify the feature until we see some more use cases :confused:

Thanks! Good Idea I’m going to use a still image that switches out for a webview with the video on tap.

Andreas Rønning wrote:

Unfortunately not as is, I’ll have to add some stuff to the WebView for this to work. Disabling scrolling is pretty different on iOS and Android. Is this really critical for you or could you use a ux component with an Image and a text label that switches out for a webview with the video on tap? Alternatively you could write custom html for each webview that embeds the youtube player in a layout that fills the view without scrolling? This is the first time we’ve heard of someone wanting to disable webview scrolling so it’s tough to justify the feature until we see some more use cases :confused:

I’d like to see this too, for example displaying a ScrollView with a list of YouTube Videos.

That doesn’t make sense to me. WebView scrolls on its own; If you want a scrolling list of YouTube videos, just do a scrolling page in a WebView? If you want the specific ScrollView behavior, use a list of WebViews with fitted content instead, that’s also an option.