Push Notifications

Its posible to integrate push notifications from Parse? I integrate push notifications that I sent to all users of my app (I integrate in Xcode after export from Fuse).

But I cant send push notification to a specific User. To do this I need to register the device with a POST HTTP request from Fuse. But I need to access to de deviceToken in IOS or GSMSenderId in Android.

Is this Posible?

Thanks!

It is possible, we have had a few beta user projects using this already.

But - it currently requires a few quite advanced steps. We are working on streamlining working features like this, and examples will pop up in the examples section once we have an easy way to do it.

Thanks! And there is no document that explains how to access to the device data or native features? Only for learn. I know that later will be official documentation about this and other matters.

No official documentation yet, sorry. This is because the native bindings and best pracitices for using them keeps changing.

A hint though (for the current state of the beta) is to add a reference to the Android and Experimental.iOS packages. You’ll then have all the APIs directly available in Uno. Unfortunately, this increases Uno compilation time quite a bit in the current version.

How do we go about adding Android and Experimental.iOS?

Thanks

We have a tutorial here https://www.fusetools.com/learn/uno.

Is this still done in the same way? I.e. since Experimental was removed.

I don’t think old code in this area should have broken, we at least intended to keep the old bindings around even though foreign-code made it obsolete.

However, in this particular case, you might just want to use our FuseJS/Push JavaScript API instead.

Hi there, I used FuseJS/Push Module (JS) module to make a push notifications but during app build it says:
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.

An app can be installed but craches when I try to open it. I am using android 7.1.1 device. That should not be a problem. This my first app with Fuse. I used one of example apps to make this.

Any idea? It there any other module?

Thanks.

Hi Solomon,

This message Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API. Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. is just a note and it should not be the reason behind any crashes.

I suggest you run fuse preview -tandroid from Terminal on the device you experience crashes on, and see what stack trace is shown when the crash happens. Then, create a new forum thread, since it’s most likely unrelated to the issue discussed in this one.