JSON object with HTML tag

I am experimenting with fetching json object then display the content from a remote Wordpress. The issue I am running into and can’t find the answer is how do I get rid of the HTML tag like <p> tag when it render on the app?

Show an example of data you have and the data you want

This is the json results:

"<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet <\/p>\n"

and it get printed out with the <p> tag

This is what the app look like: https://goo.gl/dj6gLp

Hey Leon! Since Fuse is not HTML-based, it will simply treat this as raw text, with tags included and all. You’ll have to remove them manually, either by parsing it yourself or using some other JS-based HTML parser. The quickest solution is probably just basic textual replacement on the string if you only have a few different kinds of tags coming in.

Yea use Regex:

function stripHTML(text) {
 return text.replace(/<.*?>/gm, '');
}

stripHTML("<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet <\/p>\n"); // Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Jake Taylor wrote:

Hey Leon! Since Fuse is not HTML-based, it will simply treat this as raw text, with tags included and all. You’ll have to remove them manually, either by parsing it yourself or using some other JS-based HTML parser. The quickest solution is probably just basic textual replacement on the string if you only have a few different kinds of tags coming in.

Jake,

Thank you for the tip and clarification! I’ll see what I can do and come back with the results.

Big fan of all your videos tutorials!

Edwin Reynoso wrote:

Yea use Regex:

function stripHTML(text) {
 return text.replace(/<.*?>/gm, '');
}

stripHTML("<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet <\/p>\n"); // Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Edwin, thanks! I’ll give this a try and let you know!

Leon wrote:

I am experimenting with fetching json object then display the content from a remote Wordpress. The issue I am running into and can’t find the answer is how do I get rid of the HTML tag like <p> tag when it render on the app?

Hi Leon, I believe you could come up with working example fetching data using wordpress rest api. If yes can you please guide us through…

Thank you for your support…

Leon wrote:

Jake Taylor wrote:

Jake,

Thank you for the tip and clarification! I’ll see what I can do and come back with the results.

Big fan of all your videos tutorials!

Hi Jake …

Your videos are amazing … I am also big fan of all your videos.