Importing Sketch File causes Error

Hello, I am getting the following error when I try to import a Sketch file……

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.IOException: Win32 IO returned ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS. Path: at System.IO.File.Move (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName) <0x26fa6c0 + 0x002e7> in :0 at SketchImporter.Program.Main (System.String[] args) <0x767028 + 0x004d7> in :0 [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.IOException: Win32 IO returned ERROR_ALREADY_EXISTS. Path: at System.IO.File.Move (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName) <0x26fa6c0 + 0x002e7> in :0 at SketchImporter.Program.Main (System.String[] args) <0x767028 + 0x004d7> in :0 Drop operation failed: An error occurred on import

My versions of Sketch and Sketch Tools are both up-to-date. I have not moved the Sketch file into Fuse Project file, because I am using the drag and drop method. I actually had it work with a different Fuse and Sketch file today and now no matter what I do I always get this error…

This issue was resolved in this thread. Copying the solution here for future reference:

Does the name of your sketch-file contain spaces by any chance? Not all systems handle spaces in filenames all that well, so the sketch-importer copies the sketch-file to the fuse project file and replaces all spaces with underscore. This copied file is deleted at the end of the import process, but if something went wrong it might still be laying around in the fuse project folder.

If for example my sketch-file was named Foo Bar.sketch then I get a temporary file called Foo_Bar.sketch during import. And if this for some reason wasn’t deleted as it should have been then I get the same error you pasted above. If you delete this file the import should work.

To avoid this problem try to rename your original sketch file to something without spaces (or other special characters) if possible.

If the sketch-file name does not contain any spaces or special characters then running the import command from the command line could be helpful. Open a terminal through Project -> Open in Terminal then run

fuse import <path-to-sketch-file>

where you replace <path-to-sketch-file> with the path name to the file you want to import.