How to stay logged in (Backend Sessions)?

Hi

My app is powered by a LAMP backend.

At first login, user/pass is sent to API and user is logged in. Session is created and all is well on the backend side.

Problem is, succeeding API calls to the backend do not work, and backend isn’t able to identify the logged in User…

I debugged the app and it seems that everytime it calls the backend ( Fetch() ), a new session is generated.

What’s the Fuse way of maintaining sessions? (and cookies, while we’re at it)

Best

Use the Storage api.

Hi Anders,

I played around with Storage and I was able to keep infos locally such as the session ID, and it works fine. Lots of manual work.

But can sessions (and even cookies) be automatically maintained by Fuse similar to a browser behaviour? Or is there no such thing in Fuse?

Best

From what I can tell, that would not make sense on a platform like iOS and Android. You could create something similar by using the Lifecycle and Storage API.

Anders Bondehagen wrote:

From what I can tell, that would not make sense on a platform like iOS and Android. You could create something similar by using the Lifecycle and Storage API.

Alright. I guess my background with web dev and browser based software development is forcing me to think “browser sessions”. Thanks again Anders.