How to load external FBX and use as Model?

Currently I’m importing .fbx that is around 7mb. It turns the blob0.bin into 27mb. So I was thinking maybe I could somehow load the fbx file from url, then turn it into a model and do my parsing.

Is this possible and if, how?

Thanks

If you want to optimize for size you probably want to extract only the parts you want and dump a binary file.

You can do that by making a separate Uno program as a preprocessor, import Model from there, traverse the data structure and write out a binary file in your own format, then import BundleFile on that from your real project and parse again.

Yeah, sounds like a plan. Will try that out. I actually have a class for that already. Something like this might do the trick.

public static void SaveVertexBuffer(BatchVertexBuffer buf, string file)
    {
        var bytes = new byte[buf.Buffer.SizeInBytes];
        for(var i = 0; i < bytes.Length; i++)
        {
            bytes[i] = buf.Buffer.GetByte(i);
        }
        Uno.IO.File.WriteAllBytes(file, bytes);
    }

public static void SaveIndexBuffer(BatchIndexBuffer buf, string file)
    {
        var bytes = new byte[buf.Buffer.SizeInBytes];
        for(var i = 0; i < bytes.Length; i++)
        {
            bytes[i] = buf.Buffer.GetByte(i);
        }

Uno.IO.File.WriteAllBytes(file, bytes);
    }

model??? Fuse support 3D? As I see from now - there is no anything similar :frowning: Or I have not that Fuse that you have :slight_smile:

How this can be used for importing anything? :slight_smile: I’m not joking. From video promos over youtube I thinking that Fust it’s something like Unity3D + Flash Pro. And now I see that it’s like Notepad++ but Sublime 3…

Please advice me because I’m starting thinking that Fuse Tools it’s something like cutted from main big app … that I don’t have

Hi,

Fuse is powered by the Uno language which is a hybrid CPU and GPU programming language. It can do both 2D and 3D in theory, but it is not a game/3D engine nor comparable to Unity3D. 3D is not the main focus of Fuse.

The Fuse.Entities namespace contains classes for working with 3D entities, but this part of the libraries is currently not very well documented/maintained.