How to call the reload method of an HttpImageSource

I have this list of images

<Each Items="{posters.portrait}" Limit="1">
    <Image Height="140" Width="103" StretchMode="UniformToFill" MemoryPolicy="QuickUnload">
        <HttpImageSource Density="1" Url="{xxsmall}" Policy="QuickUnload"/> 
    </Image>
</Each>

I want to reload the URL with “?randomText” to the end of the URL to make sure it makes a new request, I can use the onError perhaps.

Can someone provide an example for this?

You can add the ending ?randomText in JavaScript to the xxsmall argument. Will that not work for you?

Sure, I could do a function like

function random(s){
    return s + "?r=" + Math.random().toString().slice(2)
}

And maybe use it like:

<Each Items="{posters.portrait}" Limit="1">
    <Image Height="140" Width="103" StretchMode="UniformToFill" MemoryPolicy="QuickUnload">
        <HttpImageSource Density="1" Url="{random(xxsmall)}" Policy="QuickUnload"/> 
    </Image>
</Each>

My doubt is about how to call the “reload” method so it actually refreshes the image (I’m really new to fuse)

No, I mean wherever you generate the xxsmall value you can simply append a random string there. This is something your code must be doing, so you can change it when it first generates the string.

You’re saying that if I change the value of xxsmall, it will automatically refresh?

I don’t think I’m following what you want to do. Are you trying to provide a new URL to the items after they’ve first been created?

This is what Observable is for. So long as xxsmall is an Observable you can assign it a new value and it will load that new image.

https://www.fusetools.com/docs/fusejs/observable

If posters.portrait is an Observable list you could also replace the values in there (add/remove an item).

You’re right, it is an observable. I was just focused on trying to use the reload method I saw in the docs and forgot that it would just refresh on it’s own