fuse: Failed to install android

cannot install android using fuse install android, getting following output

Fuse 1.0.0 (build 13426)
# Starting android installer
Installing platform-tools which may take a long while...
Warning: Observed package id 'system-images;android-15;default;armeabi-v7a' in i
nconsistent location 'C:\android-sdk\system-images\android-15\armeabi-v7a' (Expe
cted 'C:\android-sdk\system-images\android-15\default\armeabi-v7a')
Warning: Observed package id 'system-images;android-15;default;armeabi-v7a' in i
nconsistent location 'C:\android-sdk\system-images\android-15\armeabi-v7a' (Expe
done
Installing build-tools;23.0.1 which may take a long while...
done
Installing cmake;3.6.3155560 which may take a long while...
Error: Failed to find package cmake;3.6.3155560
An error occurred during installation: Failed to install package 'cmake;3.6.3155
560'
fuse: Failed to install android

Hi Muhammad,

it seems you might have hit a known issue with the latest NDK. Please see this forum post for a workaround.

You could also give the latest QA release a go, which fixes the issue: https://www.fusetools.com/downloads/channel/qa

Either way, it looks like you have a stand-alone SDK/NDK installed, so first removing that and then letting fuse install android do its job should solve it.

downloaded and installed the latest release but still same issue, going to try the other solution (and yes i do have stand alone version of sdk installed, and i dont want to repeat that process)

Removed the sdk and than ran the command Fuse install android, everything went well but at the end got the following output
file

Are you on a 32bit or 64bit OS?

32 bit windows 8.1

Tough luck. As explained in this forum post, we do not support exporting Android apps on 32bit Windows.

Alas! i have to say goodbye to Fuse because most of the tools i am using works only on 32 bit windows.

It’s very sad to hear that. We’ll update you if the support is extended in the future, but unfortunately it is a Gradle limitation.

Since that limitation likely only affects the Android part of the whole toolset, I would think that you could still use Fuse for development and use a separate machine for your Android target testing / exports.

i got a 64 bit machine installed windows 10 64 bit on it and wen entered fuse install android i got the same error at the last step after installation of sdks

Same Problem here ( Windows10, 64bit )

And I found something interresting

this is my Android Studio - Sdk manager window, and I found that there is only cmake 3.6.4111459 version, no 3.6.3155560

And if I do ‘sdkmanager “cmake;3.6.4111459”’ on cmd, looks like it works well.

maybe related?

Hi, Siha

The workaround is to run sdkmanager "platform-tools" "build-tools;23.0.1" "cmake;3.6.4111459" "ndk-bundle" "platforms;android-21" "platforms;android-23" "extras;android;m2repository" "extras;google;m2repository" and then run fuse install android.

Hope it helps, and thank you for reporting this issue :slight_smile:

It looks like fuse install android command checks only cmake;3.6.3155560 version.

So even after installing cmake;3.6.4111459 and other tools, it still gives error.

Is there a way to modify fuse install android command so that I can fix the Cmake version that this command checks?

No, it doesn’t explicitly checks if that version exists. The logic right now is to run through the list of packages that Fuse depends and install them when a dependency is missing. So by running the line I posted, you’ll install all the necessary dependencies, and fuse install android will afterwards do nothing other than recording some paths necessary for deployment.

Thanks for caring a lot, but unfortunately it doesn’t work…

What does fuse install -s android say?

Right, you have to update our config at %localappdata%\Fusetools\Fuse\Android\.sdkconfig manually.

{
"Android.SDK.Directory":"[AndroidSDK]",
"Android.NDK.Directory":"[AndroidSDK]\\ndk-bundle",
"CMake":"[AndroidSDK]\\cmake"
}

Replace [AndroidSDK] with the path to your android sdk installation.

A fix for this problem is scheduled for an hotfix release.

A fix is released and can be found here https://www.fusetools.com/downloads

Thanks Emil, It works well :slight_smile: