Different orientation settings per "view": fixed portrait but landscape on video playback

How do I use seperate orientation settings per view?

Problem: orientation is fixed on portrait. When watching a video, I want the user to enjoy it on landscape.

Thanks in advance!

I believe it may only be possible somehow with WhileWindowLandscape and WhileWindowPortrait

https://www.fusetools.com/docs/fuse/triggers/whilewindowlandscape https://www.fusetools.com/docs/fuse/triggers/whilewindowportrait

That’s not exactly what I am looking for.

I’ll break it down:

• Is it possible to declare screen orientation locking per “router navigation” ? So that “detail view” is locked to portrait. When tapping on a video, screen orientation is changed to landscape?

• I tried to simply rotate the video player view by 90 degrees and stumpled accross the following (bug?): when rotating video player view, the video playing inside the player doesn’t get the new dimensions (width of portrait mode is kept as width for video. Same goes for height) when using percentages (100% width). Though the expected behaviour is: width 100% now takes the height when rotated. Even with height and width on 100%, the video keeps the dimensions of the portrait though being rotated.

• Do you have any other ideas / workarounds on how to achieve a landscape video frame?

Currently we don’t have any way of locking a particular Page's orientation; it only applies to the app. As for the bug you found, would you be able to provide a simplified test case so we can make a ticket for that and follow up on it?

> **Jake Taylor wrote:** > >

Currently we don’t have any way of locking a particular Page's orientation; it only applies to the app. As for the bug you found, would you be able to provide a simplified test case so we can make a ticket for that and follow up on it?

> Is there a solution to this yet ? Thanks

We currently don’t have a feature for locking orientation during runtime. If you urgently need it, you could always implement it yourself using foreign code.

Has there been any update on this?

@Fahad no, there have not been any updates on this.

Has there been any update on this?

No, there haven’t been any updates.