Could not resolve host exeption

Hey,

When I try to preview Local, from terminal or Sublime, i get this exeption:

Connected to fuse daemon _wapi_handle_unref_full: Attempting to unref unused handle 0x432 fuse: unhandled exception: Could not resolve host ‘computername’ at System.Net.Dns.Error_11001 (System.String hostName) [0x00000] in :0 at System.Net.Dns.GetHostByName (System.String hostName) [0x00000] in :0 at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry (System.String hostNameOrAddress) [0x00000] in :0 at Outracks.IPC.NetworkHelper.GetInterNetworkIps () [0x00000] in :0 at Outracks.Fuse.Preview.PreviewLocally.RunLocally (Outracks.Fuse.Preview.PreviewArguments args, IMessagingService client, Outracks.Building.CacheCleaner cacheCleaner) [0x00000] in :0 at Outracks.Fuse.Preview.PreviewMain.Run (Outracks.Fuse.Preview.PreviewArguments args, IMessagingService client) [0x00000] in :0 at Outracks.Fuse.Preview.PreviewWithDaemon.Preview (Outracks.Fuse.Preview.PreviewArguments argument) [0x00000] in :0 at Outracks.Fuse.Preview.CLI.PreviewCliCommand.Run (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in :0 at Outracks.CLI.CliProgram+

cAnonStorey0.<>m0 (System.String arg) [0x00000] in :0 at Outracks.Optional1[System.String].Do (System.Action1 some, System.Action none) [0x00000] in :0 at Outracks.CLI.CliProgram.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in :0

The Sublime plugin told me to report this, so here it is :slight_smile:

Ruben

Hi Ruben,

Could you please run the following commands in a terminal and paste the output:

hostname

ping $(hostname)

ifconfig

Hi Anders,

We’ve figured it out, i’ve been switching computers at work. So my rootname was the name of my previous computer. And Active Directory wasn’t updated automaticly, when i changed the root hostname to my current computer’s name, DNS could be resolved and everything worked like a charm.

Thank you for the very fast reply. Ruben

Ok, thanks for getting back to us! We’ll make sure to provide a better error message in the future when we can’t resolve the IP address.