Concatenate in UX

Hi Fuse Team.

Would be nice to have the ability to concatenate plain text with Databinded Value in UX.

Eg. Something like this =

<Text Value="By: {name}" />

Currently, the only way to do this is with two different <Text> components or JS, which feels like it defects clean structure and seems less semantic.

Cheers,

Elizabeth

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback! We totally agree and we are discussing different approaches for how to for example write expressions when you databind. Would be nice to be able to do that at the site where you bind in UX. Imagine if you could write queries on collections and stuff like that :slight_smile:

I dont have an ETA for you, but definitely a feature that we need!

If you would like to create something yourself this should get you started:

https://github.com/bolav/fuse-template-databinding

Hi @ Vegard!

Thanks for the reply. I’m thrilled to hear that we are on the same page and just hearing that you guys are dipping into such features has gotten me excited! :smiley: This would make Fuse fun on top of fun in building apps with fuse tools. So many apps are data driven … the more power we have when dealing with data the more attractive Fuse becomes.

I look forward to what Fuse are to bring in the near future!

Best of luck,

Elizabeth

Hi @Bjorn,

Thanks for sharing. Since my app is heavily data driven this would be very helpful. Though I haven’t dipped into UNO yet and not being familar with Objective C, I would need some time to learn in order create something myself. But this seems to be exactly what I’m looking for.

Cheers.

Elizabeth