Can't import design from sketch ((System.String sketchFile, System.String resPath, System.String appPath, System.Double[] densities) [0x00000])

Hi,

I’m new to Fuse and trying to set up the import from Sketch to work on my System.

I basically do this:

d-bs-iMac:simple_test Rob$ fuse create app test
Created project: 'test' at '/Volumes/HD/test'
d-bs-iMac:simple_test Rob$ cd test/
d-bs-iMac:test Rob$ ls
MainView.ux	test.unoproj
d-bs-iMac:test Rob$ mv ../robinhood_ios_app_ui_thecoolgeeknet.sketch ./
d-bs-iMac:test Rob$ ls
MainView.ux					test.unoproj
robinhood_ios_app_ui_thecoolgeeknet.sketch
d-bs-iMac:test Rob$ sketchtool -v
sketchtool Version 39.1 (31720)
d-bs-iMac:test Rob$ fuse --version
Fuse version 0.24.0 (build 7243)
Copyright (C) 2016 Fusetools
d-bs-iMac:test Rob$ fuse import robinhood_ios_app_ui_thecoolgeeknet.sketch 
Analyzing robinhood_ios_app_ui_thecoolgeeknet.sketch. This can take a while if the file is big.

Unhandled Exception:
SketchImporter.UserException: fuse import is unable to import your Sketch file due to an internal error. See above output for more information.
  at SketchImporter.Program.ProcessSketchFile (System.String sketchFile, System.String resPath, System.String appPath, System.Double[] densities) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SketchImporter.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: SketchImporter.UserException: fuse import is unable to import your Sketch file due to an internal error. See above output for more information.
  at SketchImporter.Program.ProcessSketchFile (System.String sketchFile, System.String resPath, System.String appPath, System.Double[] densities) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SketchImporter.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
fuse: Import failed: An error occurred

The file i try to import is here: http://www.gfxnerds.com/sketch/robinhood-ios-app although it seems to not work with any file…

Would anyone know what I missed please?

Thanks,

Edit: sketchtool dump works fine:

d-bs-iMac:test Rob$ sketchtool dump robinhood_ios_app_ui_thecoolgeeknet.sketch | head -3

{
  "assets" : {

Edit 2: Uploaded the .sketch file to https://www.dropbox.com/request/ZgndLtJQm5eGzG9cicGK

Can you try to run Sketch’s bundled sketchtool?

/Applications/Sketch.app/Contents/Resources/sketchtool/bin/sketchtool dump robinhood_ios_app_ui_thecoolgeeknet.sketch | head -3

Thanks for the quick answer!

This gives the same output:

/Applications/Sketch.app/Contents/Resources/sketchtool/bin/sketchtool dump robinhood_ios_app_ui_thecoolgeeknet.sketch | head -3

{
  "assets" : {

I can provide the full sketchtool dump json file or other ressources if necessary? Please tell me.

Thanks a lot,

That is not needed. The error message comes from sketchtool dump returning nothing. I can not reproduce with the same version of Sketch, and the same version of Fuse as you, and it works for me. I will look a bit more into this, and see if I can come up with something.

Hi,

Thanks for the help. Been going through the issue with Olav on Slack and seems the issue comes from Fuse not the SketchImporter.

If someone else has the same issue, doing something like:

/Applications/Fuse.app//Contents/Mono/bin/mono /Applications/Fuse.app/Contents/SketchImporter/SketchImporter.exe myfile.sketch

works fine. But for some reason fuse import myfile.sketch doesn’t…

Thanks for helping!