Android hardware features for tablets; How to make my app valid to tablets?

I’ve pushed my APK to Google Play. Everything looks fine except this

Design your app for tablets
"Your Production APK needs to meet the following criteria:
Your APK should only require hardware features that are usually available on tablets."
"Designing your app for tablets can help you reach more customers on a wider variety of devices. Apps that are designed for tablets are showcased in the 'Designed for tablets' list in the Play Store."

(with a link pointing to http://developer.android.com/distribute/essentials/quality/tablets.html#hardware-requirements )

I removed some of the (what I think are) unnecessary permissions and run the build.bat. And my AndroidManifest.xml looks like

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />

I read data

Uno.IO.File.ReadAllText(Uno.IO.Directory.GetUserDirectory(Uno.IO.UserDirectory.Data) + settingsFile);

And write

Uno.IO.File.WriteAllText(Uno.IO.Directory.GetUserDirectory(Uno.IO.UserDirectory.Data) + settingsFile, text);

Plus I use the Uno.Net.Http.HttpMessageHandler to communicate with my server, so therefor I need the interwebz. The internet isn’t mandatory though. The app works just fine without it.

Do you know what else I should write to my manifest to make the apk valid for tablets?

You don’t require things like android.hardware.telephony then? And have you set up declarations for tablet sized screens? (see point 10 on the Android Developer site). If yes, then I’m having a bit of a problem seeing what more you could have done. Did the upload process recognize only those three user permissions you declared above? (perhaps the build process didn’t properly accept your AndroidManifest.xml)

Yeah information about the APK confirms that the manifest was correct. Also the supported devices list shows a pile of tablet devices.

It might be that this is a ‘relic’ from earlier apk. I’ll try to upload the apk again with different version number. Maybe it helps this all advanced and mighty Google AI :slight_smile:

I guess it’s fixed. It doesn’t whine about it at the APK page anymore.

So I would conclude that it happened when I first uploaded the apk with permissions to telephony and simply stayed at the Optimization Tips -page. Will probably go away at some point :slight_smile: